Moving Pictures (1981): Songs Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

I: Vital Signs

E: Tom Sawyer (overplayed)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

You need to judge these songs like it's the day you first picked up the album. It's not the song's fault that you overplayed it, or allowed yourself to be exposed to it over and over and you didn't do anything about it. Stop overplaying songs LABT, and turn the channel. Learn these things.

• Like 3

I can be more relaxed about voting from now on, because all my top 5 songs have already been and gone, so the results won't bother me as much.

That said, Red Barchetta is pretty close to my top 5, so gets my immune vote.

Vital Signs is good, but it's like they released a Signals song an album early

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

I can be more relaxed about voting from now on, because all my top 5 songs have already been and gone, so the results won't bother me as much.

That said, Red Barchetta is pretty close to my top 5, so gets my immune vote.

Vital Signs is good, but it's like they released a Signals song an album early

Yeah the true heavy metal albums of RUSH's career had probably already been released by 1981, but yeah there's still some RUSH top 10 worthy material on Moving Pictures. You seem to be on the same wavelength as me on this one, I've got Red Barchetta way up there too.

• Like 1

You need to judge these songs like it's the day you first picked up the album. It's not the song's fault that you overplayed it, or allowed yourself to be exposed to it over and over and you didn't do anything about it. Stop overplaying songs LABT, and turn the channel. Learn these things.

The day I bought Moving Pictures, I already knew the first four songs very well because of the radio. Kind of hard to listen to something like you've never heard it before when you've already heard the song a few hundred times before owning the album. Is it my fault for listening to the radio too much growing up or the fault of my parents for always having the rock station on at home that I was overexposed to Tom Sawyer years before I owned the album? Maybe. But when you're young and don't have a lot of money to buy albums, radio was pretty much what I got stuck with when it came to my music listening for a long time.

I have had more appreciation for Tom Sawyer over the years since I stopped regularly listening to the classic rock station. Still, I don't think the song is top tier Rush. It's a pretty good song but they have a lot of better ones.

• Like 1

The day I bought Moving Pictures, I already knew the first four songs very well because of the radio. Kind of hard to listen to something like you've never heard it before when you've already heard the song a few hundred times before owning the album. Is it my fault for listening to the radio too much growing up or the fault of my parents for always having the rock station on at home that I was overexposed to Tom Sawyer years before I owned the album? Maybe. But when you're young and don't have a lot of money to buy albums, radio was pretty much what I got stuck with when it came to my music listening for a long time.

I have had more appreciation for Tom Sawyer over the years since I stopped regularly listening to the classic rock station. Still, I don't think the song is top tier Rush. It's a pretty good song but they have a lot of better ones.

This post comes dangerously close to reflecting your own opinion. Don't let it happen again.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't have it as a top Rush song either, it's probably not even in my top 30.

Immune: Tom Sawyer (see all above discussions)

Eliminate: Witch Hunt (i just never have really cared for it as much as the others)

Immune: Vital Signs (one of my favorites!, and, I fear, not as popular)

Eliminate: [unpopular opinion alert] I have always been left unmoved by "Red Barchetta." Drive on.

Sorry but I voted to eliminate VS too but I thought it came alive on the Time Machine live album. Some songs are like that. The album version I just like rather than love.

But I wasn't impressed by either Red Barchetta or Limelight on 1st hearing many years ago related to their reputation. But I grew to really like RB.

But joining you in the unpopular opinion group, but standing in a different corner, I still think Limelight is good but not amazing. It's probably going to vie for top spot at the end of this poll though...

Eliminate: [unpopular opinion alert] I have always been left unmoved by "Red Barchetta." Drive on.

Sorry but I voted to eliminate VS too but I thought it came alive on the Time Machine live album. Some songs are like that. The album version I just like rather than love.

But I wasn't impressed by either Red Barchetta or Limelight on 1st hearing many years ago related to their reputation. But I grew to really like RB.

But joining you in the unpopular opinion group, but standing in a different corner, I still think Limelight is good but not amazing. It's probably going to vie for top spot at the end of this poll though...

Limelight, by its very nature, would have no trouble with being eliminated.

• Like 2

Limelight, by its very nature, would have no trouble with being eliminated.

;) :lol:

Cast in this unlikely poll, ill-equipped to act

With insufficient tact

One must put up immunities to keep oneself intact

• Like 3