A Farewell To Kings (1977): Songs Elimination (Round 3)

_hi_water._

21 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer To The Heart
    • Cygnus X-1: Book 1 - The Voyage
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer To The Heart
    • Cygnus X-1: Book 1 - The Voyage

Closer To The Heart will always be just slightly closer to my heart than A Farewell To Kings, but we've reached the point where all of the remaining songs are in my top ten of all time.
  • Like 1

In a very strong field I have to eliminate Closer To The Heart

In a very strong field, I have to eliminate "A Farewell to Kings." I know it's underrated, but the others are properly rated, and with reason. Farewell, Farewell.

• Like 2

In a very strong field, I have to eliminate "A Farewell to Kings." I know it's underrated, but the others are properly rated, and with reason. Farewell, Farewell.

I tried to get Farewell eliminated already in the first round. Now it's gotta go!

• Like 1

Did you happen to see the Hemingway documentary on PBS?

It made me chase down the 1931 film version of A Farewell to Arms.

Mostly, I am sad you picked the title track of this album. That probably has to do with me coming home early every day my senior year of high school (my schedule allowed that) and listening to that album all the way through at least once.

AFtK is a great album.

• Like 2

Mostly, I am sad you picked the title track of this album. That probably has to do with me coming home early every day my senior year of high school (my schedule allowed that) and listening to that album all the way through at least once.

AFtK is a great album.

It most certainly is and the title track is a fine opening track. Like yourself it was a very important album in my formative years.

AFtK is a great album.

I haven't seen the Hemingway doc yet, but I do have it recorded, so I'll watch it when things slow down a bit. It's been well reviewed, so I've got expectations.

Listen, I think -- in isolation -- that "AFTK" is a great song, but we're down the nitty gritty here, and something has to give!

Listen, I think -- in isolation -- that "AFTK" is a great song, but we're down the nitty gritty here, and something has to give!

I can accept that. That is why I voted to eliminate Madrigal - even if it is a nice interlude between Cinderella Man and Cygnus X-1.

Also, sorry I have been slacking on that upload to you. I will try to give it another shot this weekend. If that fails, I may put a copy in the mail to you.

• Like 1