A Farewell To Kings (1977): Songs Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

23 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer To The Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnus X-1: Book I - The Voyage
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer To The Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnus X-1: Book I - The Voyage

Xanadu will probably win, but then again, there's Cygnus X-1

Doing this early, because "Something For Nothing" from the last round for 2112 got its ass kicked big time.

Nothing wrong with calling a vote early, assuming we don`t find a crate of votes for Something for Nothing in the next few days.

As I am totally nonplussed by the adoration AFTK receives, I shall vote my conscience.

Nothing wrong with calling a vote early, assuming we don`t find a crate of votes for Something for Nothing in the next few days.

As I am totally nonplussed by the adoration AFTK receives, I shall vote my conscience.

Stop the count!
  • Like 1

I think Madrigal is great, and really in keeping with the medieval vibe that most of the album has, but it is probably my least favourite on the record.

Yep, same for me. Great little tune, it just pales a bit next to all these other phenomenal tracks.

• Like 2

Everything here is great but Madrigal but, same as Treeduck, my least favourite track on the Album.
  • Like 1

You doing ok with saying goodbye to Prince Philip? My mom is sad (of course she is 86)

Well he had to go sometime. If you reach the age of 99, just two months short of 100 years old you can't complain that you got short changed can you? Not too much anyway.

Too bad he didn't reach 100. The Queen would have had to send him a telegram
  • Like 2

While Xanadu is my favourite Rush song, AFTK is my 3rd favourite Rush song... and it will probably need more help... so AFTK is getting my "immune" vote
  • Like 2

While Xanadu is my favourite Rush song, AFTK is my 3rd favourite Rush song... and it will probably need more help... so AFTK is getting my "immune" vote

Yes, I am the same way! AFTK is an awesome track.

• Like 1

I love Cinderella Man too!

Yeah, Cinderella Man is great, and waay inderrated
  • Like 1

Yep :yes: What an amazing way to open an album. That classical intro is beautiful. And the instrumental break in the middle is one of my very favourites. It packs so much into a short space of time.

It may not be an "epic" in terms of length, but I've a,lways thought it was an epic in terms of majesty. Very fitting for the title.

• Like 2

I love Cinderella Man too!

Yeah, Cinderella Man is great, and waay inderrated

This whole album is great!

• Like 1

Yep :yes: What an amazing way to open an album. That classical intro is beautiful. And the instrumental break in the middle is one of my very favourites. It packs so much into a short space of time.

It may not be an "epic" in terms of length, but I've a,lways thought it was an epic in terms of majesty. Very fitting for the title.

:goodone: :haz: :rush:

• Like 4

With "Xanadu" still being my favorite Rush song, and from their "A Farewell to Kings", "Cygnus X-1: Book One - the Voyage" has been my second favorite song from it, "A Farewell to Kings", and "Closer to the Heart" have been close to my third favorite songs from it, but the slight edge goes to "A Farewell to Kings". All of the c.d., and album is, and has been awesome, and amazing. About Prince Philip passing away at age 99, I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read that. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Philip. Edited by Derek19