• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:41 AM

Anyone else out there like this band?  I stumbled upon them on Spotify and am really impressed with their last two albums (Waiting for Miracles and Islands).  I think they manage to maintain a highly original sound while still capturing that classic progressive sound which I though had been lost forever.

Sponsored Post

#2 zepphead

zepphead

The Professor

• Members
  • 4222 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostRelayer2112, on 07 April 2021 - 07:41 AM, said:

Anyone else out there like this band?  I stumbled upon them on Spotify and am really impressed with their last two albums (Waiting for Miracles and Islands).  I think they manage to maintain a highly original sound while still capturing that classic progressive sound which I though had been lost forever.
Indeed they are a fantastic progressive rock band!
Roine Stolt is one of my favourite guitarists and very much encapsulates the Flower King sound.
I have all 14 of their studio albums but they have been in a particularly rich vein of form for their last five albums.
I would suggest working in reverse order and try Desolation Rose, Banks Of Eden and The Sum Of No Evil next.

#3 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:28 AM

I love Roine's guitar tone.  He doesn't overplay or shred for the sake of shredding.  Combine that with the great vocals, nice lyrics and other outstanding musicians and this band is a keeper.

For the first time in a long time, I had to put some effort into listening to really appreciate what the band is trying to do.  I feel this band is worth the effort.

#4 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 65904 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:27 PM

One of my favourite bands. I have all their albums and live dvds.
I first discovered them when Roine Stolt toured with Steve Hackett's band. Roine is an amazing player. I immediately checked out both Flower Kings and Transatlantic.
They're definitely worth checking out :yes:

#5 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 20937 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

I adore them.  they're very classic 70's prog but Rione with his guitar gives them their own flavour.

Some of my fav albums.

Back in the World of Adventures
Stardust We Are
Flower Power (mainly for the suite on disc 1)
Space Revolver
Paradox Hotel
Banks of Eden

i haven't liked their recent albums as much.  Their not the same without Tomas.  he was a key ingredient in their sound.  but man their older stuff.......i love it.

Mick

#6 ytserush

ytserush

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5422 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

They're OK I guess. Still have Alive On Planet Earth, Unfold The Future, Paradox Hotel, every Transatlantic release and a few Kaipa and Roine solo albums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users