Henry Darrow (Manalito from the High Chaparral) dies aged 87

treeduck

RIP, Henry Darrow. My mom loved that show and we always thought he was the coolest; we watched that show a lot. I had no idea he was even still alive.

I used to watch it back in the 70's, it's my favourite TV western. Linda Cristal died last year, so now there's only Blue Boy left from the main cast.

• Like 1

RIP, Henry Darrow. My mom loved that show and we always thought he was the coolest; we watched that show a lot. I had no idea he was even still alive.

I used to watch it back in the 70's, it's my favourite TV western. Linda Cristal died last year, so now there's only Blue Boy left from the main cast.

Yeah, she was so pretty and a good actress in that show as well. My mom thought Lee Majors was handsome but his acting has always been kind of boring or something; the same in Big Valley and Six Million Dollar man, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, she was so pretty and a good actress in that show as well. My mom thought Lee Majors was handsome but his acting has always been kind of boring or something; the same in Big Valley and Six Million Dollar man, lol.

He was a bit funnier in the Fall Guy.

The interesting thing about all the Mexican characters in the High Chaparral was that none of the actors who played them were of Mexican heritage themselves; Henry Darrow was of Puerto Rican descent, Linda Cristal was from Argentina and the guy playing their father was from Kingston, Jamaica.

• Like 1

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He is missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Henry.