The 2021 NFL Season

Principled Man

OK, Boys and Girls, let's start off the new NFL Season with wonderful news from the Financial Department!!

The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly agreed to a new contract with quarterback Dak Prescott.

The 4-year deal has a maximum value of $164 million, including $126 million in guaranteed money, and includes two key details: A no-trade clause, and a no-tag provision. Prescott's deal averages to $42 million a year over the first three seasons with $75 million in the first season and a $66 million signing bonus.

YZQnp70.jpg

• Like 1

I am listening to analysis of the deal and it is actually not as bad as many of the comments on different web sites say. This is not one of those huge deals that will hamper a team for years like Carson Wentz. 4 years and they are out. That could be good or bad for both sides but the team can now go after free agents knowing where they sit re the salary cap. And Dak will be motivated to play at the top level for another pay day in 4 short years. Cowboys will obviously have first crack at signing him again if they like.
  • Like 1

Russell Wilson IS going to be traded and soon

fukk Pete Carroll

How? There will be a huge amount of dead money against the cap.

Rams ate a bunch trading Goff, Eagles ate even more trading Wentz.

Russell Wilson IS going to be traded and soon

fukk Pete Carroll

How? There will be a huge amount of dead money against the cap.

How not? Wilson has already expressed his displeasure of being a tackling dummy for various opposition defenses. Does his contract make it favorable for him to pull an Andrew Luck?

...and yeah, fcuk that moron.

• Like 1

Crazy times. I have to say, watching Dak's press conference yesterday, I am more and more impressed by him as a man and a leader. And I have consumed a lot of analysis about this deal. I am more and more convinced it was a good one. He will be pretty far down the list of QB salaries in a couple of years.
  • Like 1

Aaron-Jones.jpg

4 years, $48 million, $13 million signing bonus

"We anticipated bigger offers in free agency, but Aaron wanted to stay with the Packers."

-- Agent Drew Rosenhaus

Edited by Principled Man

Drew Brees officially retired yesterday tho of course we knew it was coming.

A mere set-up for promoting his new NBC gig.

With an onus on bestowing fans versatility in watching the games they love and stability for years to come, the NFL announced Thursday it has signed long-term agreements with media partners Amazon, CBS, ESPN/ABC, FOX and NBC to distribute NFL games across television and digital platforms, along with additional media rights.

It is believed that the media partners will be paying the NFL over $100 billion dollars.

The agreements will commence at the start of the 2023 season and run through the 2033 season, broadening the league's digital football to a larger audience while preserving its custom of keeping all NFL contests on over-the-air-television.

From 2023 through 2033, three Super Bowls each will be hosted by CBS (2023, 2027, 2031), FOX (2024, 2028, 2032) and NBC (2025, 2029, 2033), while ABC (2026, 2030) will carry two.

Also part of the agreements will be an increased flexibility for Sunday Night Football and, now, Monday Night Football games in the aim to put the most meaningful games in prime-time slots. MNF did not previously flex games.

Kicking off in the first year of the agreement, Amazon Prime Video will become the exclusive home to Thursday Night Football.

Kicking off in the first year of the agreement, Amazon Prime Video will become the exclusive home to Thursday Night Football.

That frees up some time on my Thursdays, it does. So the NFL Network is out? Limited to showing re-plays? I pay for enough extra shit, not gonna add Amazon Prime to the pile, not even for football.

Did you see that reported offer from the Bears for Russell Wilson???!!!

The 2 players they offered (along with draft picks) ended up being cut yesterday for salary cap reasons. Now that's some fantasy football GM strategy right there by Ryan Pace. Surprised Douche Carroll didn't go for it.

That frees up some time on my Thursdays, it does. So the NFL Network is out? Limited to showing re-plays? I pay for enough extra shit, not gonna add Amazon Prime to the pile, not even for football.

Ditto. Fukk the NFL for this move.

Just so Amazon doesn't get my money, if there's a Thursday night game I simply have to watch, I'll go to the bar.

• Like 2

Blockbuster Trade!! :o :o :o

49ers give the Dolphins their 1st Round pick (#12), their 3rd Round compensatory pick, AND their 1st Round picks in 2022 and 2023.

49ers get the Dolphins' 1st Round Pick (#3)

• Like 1

49ers give the Dolphins their 1st Round pick (#12), their 3rd Round compensatory pick, AND their 1st Round picks in 2022 and 2023.

They're obviously lining up to draft their next QB to replace Jimmy G. Only question is, who will it be? Unlikely that Zach Wilson will be there as the Jets are supposedly going to take him with pick #2 and obviously Lawrence will go to Jax with pick #1.

They're obviously lining up to draft their next QB to replace Jimmy G. Only question is, who will it be? Unlikely that Zach Wilson will be there as the Jets are supposedly going to take him with pick #2 and obviously Lawrence will go to Jax with pick #1.

The 49ers "say" that they're all good with Garoppolo. I think they're all good with him for this year.

I cannot see any team giving up that much to draft a wide receiver or O-lineman.