Zon

_hi_water._

They were from Toronto, and formed in 1977. I'm not familiar with them, and their music.

My very first concert - Canada's answer to Styx which will have many people running for the exits

3 albums, I like the first one "Astral Projector" the best

Lead singer Denton Young was in a band with Triumph's Rik Emmett pre-Zon/pre-Triumph and co-wrote "The Blinding Light Show" which appeared on Triumph's first album

After an initial push by their record company "Epic", budget cuts had them put on the back burner and they were dropped after the 2nd album. Third record was an independent release on Falcon Records, has a decent cover o Sweet Jane on it but is really poppy and I don't like it as much as the first 2 records.

My copy of Astral Projector is on spiffy blue wax

http://nowspinning.co.uk/vinyl/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/zon-astral-projector-vinyl-78.jpg

• Like 2

My very first concert - Canada's answer to Styx which will have many people running for the exits

3 albums, I like the first one "Astral Projector" the best

Lead singer Denton Young was in a band with Triumph's Rik Emmett pre-Zon/pre-Triumph and co-wrote "The Blinding Light Show" which appeared on Triumph's first album

After an initial push by their record company "Epic", budget cuts had them put on the back burner and they were dropped after the 2nd album. Third record was an independent release on Falcon Records, has a decent cover o Sweet Jane on it but is really poppy and I don't like it as much as the first 2 records.

My copy of Astral Projector is on spiffy blue wax

http://nowspinning.co.uk/vinyl/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/zon-astral-projector-vinyl-78.jpg

I have this too.

• Like 1

I listened to them just now. I expected a pop-prog sound like Styx as that's what those who knew the band described.

I did not expect Styx.

They were fine, but it was hard to listen without hearing The Grand Illusion, pt. II.

As cheesy as Styx could be, though, this is cheesier.

Styx was better at this, but they could play and may have lasted longer if they hadn't so overtly cloned another band.