J.R Flood members

TheGhostRider

Anybody know what happened to the other members of the band? I know the organist passed away, and we tragically lost Neil last year, but I can't find any info regarding the other guys. Does anybody have any information on these guys or where I can find some?

I have their names but that's it.

Late organist - Bob Morrison

guitarist - Paul Dickinson,

bass guitarist - Wally Tomczuk

singer, lyrics - Gary Luciani

drums, lyrics - Neil Peart

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1

Anybody know what happened to the other members of the band? I know the organist passed away, and we tragically lost Neil last year, but I can't find any info regarding the other guys. Does anybody have any information on these guys or where I can find some?

I can't remember if this movie addresses those people specifically (i think it does) but if you are interested in the history of bands in the area there is a movie on youtube that talks about JR Flood-"The Big Story of Small Potatoes: Niagara’s Rock Music History 1964-1974" I had it on in the background one day and when it was done I remember thinking, "That's a bit more than I wanted to know :lol: " but it has a lot of good info. If you are following JR Flood you might find it of interest.

Here is an article about the filmmaker and movie; it lists his website at the very end. Perhaps he might be a contact to find more information.

https://www.brockpress.com/niagaras-music-history-focus-of-a-new-documentary/

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I can't remember if this movie addresses those people specifically (i think it does) but if you are interested in the history of bands in the area there is a movie on youtube that talks about JR Flood-"The Big Story of Small Potatoes: Niagara’s Rock Music History 1964-1974" I had it on in the background one day and when it was done I remember thinking, "That's a bit more than I wanted to know :lol: " but it has a lot of good info. If you are following JR Flood you might find it of interest.

Here is an article about the filmmaker and movie; it lists his website at the very end. Perhaps he might be a contact to find more information.

https://www.brockpre...ew-documentary/

Thanks for the help. I'll look into it.

• Like 1

https://www.brockpress.com/niagaras-music-history-focus-of-a-new-documentary/

That doc was pretty damn good and if you want some other perspectives about Neil Peart and Rush’s fame, then it’s worth your time.

• Like 2

I believe he dropped "Paul" in favor of his middle name, and gave up guitar to focus on vocals. He went on to have a lucrative career in metal.
  • Like 1

I don't think Neil wrote lyrics for J R Flood. Geddy and Alex have said that they asked Neil if he'd ever written lyrics and he said No, but that he'd like to try. You can hear that in this interview at about 7 minutes in (if you have Amazon Prime):

https://www.amazon.com/Manic-Street-Preachers-Meet-RUSH/dp/B08DKGCCQC

• Like 3

The four part The Big Story of Small Potatoes, Niagara's Rock Music History 1964-1974 documentary by Paul Miil can be viewed

Thank you! It took me forever to remember the name of it!:lol:

I believe he dropped "Paul" in favor of his middle name, and gave up guitar to focus on vocals. He went on to have a lucrative career in metal.

He always seems to strive for more cowbell in his recordings.

• Like 1

Well, that makes sense, because...

I have a cd of JR Flood that a Rush fanatic sent me years ago

You can definitely hear Neil's signature drumming in the music, including those classic toms runs.
  • Like 1