Tiger Woods injured in one car accident

blueschica

Cue Indignant rant about [insert celebrity here]'s car crash being more important than all the other horrible car crashes in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........
  • Like 3

Cue Indignant rant about [insert celebrity here]'s car crash being more important than all the other horrible car crashes in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........

TBF, it's not his first and that one led to his adultery scandal. Stupid of him as well because have you seen his ex?

To be honest, I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods, his car crash or his personal life.

I'd rather focus on (and avoid) the idiot drivers in my town.

• Like 2

TBF, it's not his first and that one led to his adultery scandal. Stupid of him as well because have you seen his ex?

To be honest, I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods, his car crash or his personal life.

There sure are a bunch of them around my town also!!

Hopefully, Tiger, will be able to have a full, and or proper recovery, and the surgery on his leg did go really successful. Talking about bad drivers, there are anywhere, and everywhere in any cities, provinces, countries, and states. Just need to be aware, cautious, careful, and pay attention. Edited by Derek19

There sure are a bunch of them around my town also!!

It’s why we’re taught to drive defensively. The roads are filled with idiots!

• Like 3

Stupid of him as well because have you seen his ex?

Yes, but no one knows what happens behind closed doors. Most stories have 3 sides, not 2.

I hope Tiger improves and that it does not have a major negative affect on his life.

A statement on his Twitter account said he was awake and recovering from surgery on "several" open leg fractures. My guess is he ain't playing golf anymore, at least not competitively.

Ben Hogan disagrees.
  • Like 1

A statement on his Twitter account said he was awake and recovering from surgery on "several" open leg fractures. My guess is he ain't playing golf anymore, at least not competitively.

Ben Hogan disagrees.

I hope he can and does, but open fractures are tough to deal with and if he has "several" on his legs, those things that carry him around the courses, provide stability when swinging, etc, it may be tough. What did Ben say?

• Like 1

Ben Hogan disagrees.

I hope he can and does, but open fractures are tough to deal with and if he has "several" on his legs, those things that carry him around the courses, provide stability when swinging, etc, it may be tough. What did Ben say?

“It’s going to be a long haul,” he told reporters, “and in my mind, I don’t think that I’ll ever get back the playing edge I had last year. You work for perfection all your life, and then something like this happens. My nervous system has been shot by this, and I don’t see how I can readjust it to competitive golf. But you can bet I’ll be back there swinging.”

By June of 1950, 16 months after the accident, Bantam Ben was back on the course, this time trying to reclaim his place as golf’s greatest competitor in American golf’s biggest tournament—the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Pennsylvania. He had played several tournaments leading up to the Open, but on the third and final day of grueling competition, he began to wilt under 36 holes of golf in the heat, and his lead began to evaporate on the final few holes.

With everything on the line, Hogan needed to hit an impossibly long shot from the fairway to make par on 18th and final hole. A packed gallery formed a silent gauntlet around him as he practically staggered to his ball, according to eyewitnesses. Judging the yardage, Hogan reached for his one iron—the most difficult club in his bag to hit. The old joke goes that if you’re ever in a lightning storm, the safest thing to do is to hold up your one iron, for even God can’t hit a one iron.

Hogan steadied himself over the ball, slowly began his backswing, unleashed his power and sent the ball flying. The crowd around him gasped at the sound of his shot and the sight of the ball heading toward the flag. Hogan went on to par the hole and force a three-way playoff. After getting a good night’s sleep, he easily won the U.S. Open the following day, the only player of the three to shoot a round under par.

• Like 1

Ben Hogan disagrees.

“It’s going to be a long haul,” he told reporters, “and in my mind, I don’t think that I’ll ever get back the playing edge I had last year. You work for perfection all your life, and then something like this happens. My nervous system has been shot by this, and I don’t see how I can readjust it to competitive golf. But you can bet I’ll be back there swinging.”

By June of 1950, 16 months after the accident, Bantam Ben was back on the course, this time trying to reclaim his place as golf’s greatest competitor in American golf’s biggest tournament—the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Pennsylvania. He had played several tournaments leading up to the Open, but on the third and final day of grueling competition, he began to wilt under 36 holes of golf in the heat, and his lead began to evaporate on the final few holes.

With everything on the line, Hogan needed to hit an impossibly long shot from the fairway to make par on 18th and final hole. A packed gallery formed a silent gauntlet around him as he practically staggered to his ball, according to eyewitnesses. Judging the yardage, Hogan reached for his one iron—the most difficult club in his bag to hit. The old joke goes that if you’re ever in a lightning storm, the safest thing to do is to hold up your one iron, for even God can’t hit a one iron.

Hogan steadied himself over the ball, slowly began his backswing, unleashed his power and sent the ball flying. The crowd around him gasped at the sound of his shot and the sight of the ball heading toward the flag. Hogan went on to par the hole and force a three-way playoff. After getting a good night’s sleep, he easily won the U.S. Open the following day, the only player of the three to shoot a round under par.

I remember having a great book when I was a kid titled something like Profiles in Courage in Sports, featuring this story, as well as those of Jim Ryun, Ken Venturi and others.

• Like 1

Ben Hogan disagrees.

That's quite a recovery, especially considering medicine wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now, but Tiger is older and has had a lot of back problems to now go along with this. We'll see.

• Like 1

Ben Hogan disagrees.

That's quite a recovery, especially considering medicine wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now, but Tiger is older and has had a lot of back problems to now go along with this. We'll see.

Yep, we'll see. As you note, medicine has come a long way. I'm thinking of Alex Smith.