Jump to content


The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!


  • Please log in to reply
1328 replies to this topic

#781 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 23 September 2021 - 06:52 PM

Well goose, my Mariners put a fork in your As. 4 game sweep. They're done. I don't think the Ms can get that second Wild Card berth simply because they have to climb over 2 teams in front of them, neither of whom they play again. The good news though is they don't play the cheating asstros who absolutely own them so there's still an outside chance. They have 6 games against invisible airwave's Angels and 3 more against your As. My guess is they need to win at least 7 of those last 9 and more likely 8 of 9. A tall order.

Sponsored Post

#782 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 23 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 23 September 2021 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 23 September 2021 - 01:34 AM, said:

Obviously, the Milwaukee Brewers, losers of 4 straight and 6 of last 8, are just playing possum..... :facepalm:

The Cardinals appreciate the performance!

Counsell had been lauded as one of the best managers in the game......and he may be unemployed soon!

#783 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 23 September 2021 - 11:19 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 23 September 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well goose, my Mariners put a fork in your As. 4 game sweep.
Glad would could oblige!

#784 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 66859 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2021 - 09:31 AM

Cardinals holy shit.

#785 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33566 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 24 September 2021 - 01:25 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 23 September 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well goose, my Mariners put a fork in your As. 4 game sweep. They're done. I don't think the Ms can get that second Wild Card berth simply because they have to climb over 2 teams in front of them, neither of whom they play again. The good news though is they don't play the cheating asstros who absolutely own them so there's still an outside chance. They have 6 games against invisible airwave's Angels and 3 more against your As. My guess is they need to win at least 7 of those last 9 and more likely 8 of 9. A tall order.

Asstros almost swept me in 4.  I hope the east and/or wild card clincher beats their asses should they meet.

#786 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81953 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 26 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

View Postlerxt1990, on 24 September 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

Cardinals holy shit.
15 in a row.

#787 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:52 PM

View Postgoose, on 26 September 2021 - 03:38 PM, said:

View Postlerxt1990, on 24 September 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

Cardinals holy shit.
15 in a row.

They may make it 18, with the Brewers coming to town.

#788 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 33566 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 26 September 2021 - 10:48 PM

6 straight losing seasons.  Get some pitching or it's gonna happen again, Arte!

Posted Image

#789 edhunter

edhunter

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8118 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2021 - 06:49 AM

Red Sux catching a huge break with a pussy schedule the last 6 games. Because the Yanks are playing Toronto it virtually guarantees Boston a wildcard spot.

#790 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93898 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

Red Sux catching a huge break with a pussy schedule the last 6 games. Because the Yanks are playing Toronto it virtually guarantees Boston a wildcard spot.
Not horrible trolling, if a bit too dependent on others not realizing that by the end of the week the Yankees and Red Sox will have played the Nats and O's the same number of times.  The exercise of who had a better record against those two teams is an exercise left to the reader.

Edited by laughedatbytime, 28 September 2021 - 07:28 AM.


#791 edhunter

edhunter

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8118 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2021 - 11:00 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

Red Sux catching a huge break with a pussy schedule the last 6 games. Because the Yanks are playing Toronto it virtually guarantees Boston a wildcard spot.
Not horrible trolling, if a bit too dependent on others not realizing that by the end of the week the Yankees and Red Sox will have played the Nats and O's the same number of times.  The exercise of who had a better record against those two teams is an exercise left to the reader.

I'm not saying at all at the yankees haven't created many of their own problems this year. At times their bullpen has been full of gutless pussies.  It just sucks that for the next 3 days, if the yankees win it helps the Red Sox.  Besides the great joy I have derived in life from watching the yankees win so many titles, I also got a lot of enjoyment in 2011  when the yankees tanked their last couple of games to allow Tampa to knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Thanks for Rizzo by the way.

Edited by edhunter, 28 September 2021 - 11:39 AM.


#792 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93898 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 28 September 2021 - 12:40 PM

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

Red Sux catching a huge break with a pussy schedule the last 6 games. Because the Yanks are playing Toronto it virtually guarantees Boston a wildcard spot.
Not horrible trolling, if a bit too dependent on others not realizing that by the end of the week the Yankees and Red Sox will have played the Nats and O's the same number of times.  The exercise of who had a better record against those two teams is an exercise left to the reader.

I'm not saying at all at the yankees haven't created many of their own problems this year. At times their bullpen has been full of gutless pussies.  It just sucks that for the next 3 days, if the yankees win it helps the Red Sox.  Besides the great joy I have derived in life from watching the yankees win so many titles, I also got a lot of enjoyment in 2011  when the yankees tanked their last couple of games to allow Tampa to knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Thanks for Rizzo by the way.
Think he'll stay?  I don't.

I don't remember that so much as the Yankees tanking as much as the Red Sox choking (probably on a chicken bone.). They were one out away against an atrocious Oriole team and gave away the game at the end of a 7-20 stretch.  And if the Yankees were tanking they were really cutting it close, letting it get down to a .120 hitter come up with the bases empty down 1 with two outs and no one on.   It may have been serendipity that the loss helped knock the Sawx out, and certainly the Yanks weren't going out of their way to win but it didn't look like a total tank to me.

#793 edhunter

edhunter

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8118 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:03 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 28 September 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

Red Sux catching a huge break with a pussy schedule the last 6 games. Because the Yanks are playing Toronto it virtually guarantees Boston a wildcard spot.
Not horrible trolling, if a bit too dependent on others not realizing that by the end of the week the Yankees and Red Sox will have played the Nats and O's the same number of times.  The exercise of who had a better record against those two teams is an exercise left to the reader.

I'm not saying at all at the yankees haven't created many of their own problems this year. At times their bullpen has been full of gutless pussies.  It just sucks that for the next 3 days, if the yankees win it helps the Red Sox.  Besides the great joy I have derived in life from watching the yankees win so many titles, I also got a lot of enjoyment in 2011  when the yankees tanked their last couple of games to allow Tampa to knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Thanks for Rizzo by the way.
Think he'll stay?  I don't.

I don't remember that so much as the Yankees tanking as much as the Red Sox choking (probably on a chicken bone.). They were one out away against an atrocious Oriole team and gave away the game at the end of a 7-20 stretch.  And if the Yankees were tanking they were really cutting it close, letting it get down to a .120 hitter come up with the bases empty down 1 with two outs and no one on.   It may have been serendipity that the loss helped knock the Sawx out, and certainly the Yanks weren't going out of their way to win but it didn't look like a total tank to me.

Oh no, he is completely a rental.  When healthy, the yankees have plenty of bats. It's pitching they need.

In 2011 the Yanks had the lead going into the bottom of the 9th in Tampa and elected not to use Mariano.  I would bet my house that was deliberate.  My Facebook friends sure lost their minds over it.

#794 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 66859 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:08 PM

So STL has locked out the others in the WC hunt - with 17 straight wins.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#795 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 66859 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:09 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 26 September 2021 - 04:52 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 26 September 2021 - 03:38 PM, said:

View Postlerxt1990, on 24 September 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

Cardinals holy shit.
15 in a row.

They may make it 18, with the Brewers coming to town.

Up to 17!  Shoved CIN and PHL out of the WC hunt.

#796 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93898 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:12 PM

It would be hilarious if they won out and then lost in the WC game, making them the Crimson Permanent Assurance of baseball.

#797 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 35972 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 28 September 2021 - 10:14 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

It would be hilarious if they won out and then lost in the WC game, making them the Crimson Permanent Assurance of baseball.

Solid Python reference.

#798 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Tin Cup

  • Members
  • 4091 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 29 September 2021 - 10:33 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

It would be hilarious if they won out and then lost in the WC game, making them the Crimson Permanent Assurance of baseball.

"Like this" for the Python bit, but where's the "Not Like this" button for the Cardinals hate?

#799 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 66859 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 September 2021 - 11:41 AM

View PostNova Carmina, on 29 September 2021 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 28 September 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

It would be hilarious if they won out and then lost in the WC game, making them the Crimson Permanent Assurance of baseball.

"Like this" for the Python bit, but where's the "Not Like this" button for the Cardinals hate?

F-ck the Cardinals, the Yankees of the NL (in WS wins etc.).  Their excellence aggravates me.  lol.  However hoping they get in playoffs with Braves and starch their f-cking shorts!

#800 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 7539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 29 September 2021 - 03:06 PM

4 more wins Mariners.....you can do it




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users