The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Cubs looked much better the last two days. Series win over the Pirates, Arrieta and Davies throw good starts, bats a lot hotter, and Kimbrel shuts it down in the end pretty dominantly on both days.

A homestand against the Pirates should be considered easy mode, though. I'm expecting the Brewers to put up a lot more of a fight.

Cubs looked much better the last two days. Series win over the Pirates, Arrieta and Davies throw good starts, bats a lot hotter, and Kimbrel shuts it down in the end pretty dominantly on both days.

A homestand against the Pirates should be considered easy mode, though. I'm expecting the Brewers to put up a lot more of a fight.

Pretty much anything was better than Opening day. It's going to be rough getting through the sixth through the 8th all year though.

Royals couldn't come back today; still, a series win to start the season -- something they haven't done in years.

Cardinals . . . not great.

Well, at least the Cardinals are pushing back against those who don't play the game the "right" way. And isn't that more important than mere wins and losses? :)

Royals couldn't come back today; still, a series win to start the season -- something they haven't done in years.

Cardinals . . . not great.

Well, at least the Cardinals are pushing back against those who don't play the game the "right" way. And isn't that more important than mere wins and losses? :)

In one sense, yes, of course! It's important to be able to look at yourselves in the mirror and have that inner voice that says, "No, it's everyone else who is wrong." But in another sense -- a more pressing and immediate sense -- you play to win the game and losing 12-1 is abysmal!

Pretty much anything was better than Opening day. It's going to be rough getting through the sixth through the 8th all year though.

Tepera didn't look terrible. It's a bit early to call on the 'pen, though I'm usually pretty pessimistic towards them.

Tepera didn't look terrible. It's a bit early to call on the 'pen, though I'm usually pretty pessimistic towards them.

Agreed on Tepera. Brothers seems unusable. Don't have a lot of c confidence in the rest. Kimbrel got a couple of calls yesterday. And this is the worst team we'll face this year.

I did enjoy the broadcast. Boog and JD are already clicking (IMO).

Agreed on Tepera. Brothers seems unusable. Don't have a lot of c confidence in the rest. Kimbrel got a couple of calls yesterday. And this is the worst team we'll face this year.

I did enjoy the broadcast. Boog and JD are already clicking (IMO).

Agreed, as much as you can expect from two people who've barely worked together. Already a big fan of Boog

• Like 1

April 4: Orioles 11, Red Sox 3 -- Boston starts season 0-3

The Red Sox are off to an 0-3 start for the first time since 2012, when they finished in last place in the American League East. It's the 20th 0-3 start in club history, but it's Boston's first when starting the season at home since 1948. If you're looking for a positive sign, the '48 club regrouped nicely, winning 96 games and coming just one win away from getting to the World Series.

Brewers send Orlando Arcia to Atlanta for RHP's Patrick Weigel and Chad Sobotka.

Arcia's departure was a given. He just couldn't hit consistently enough to cement his position at SS, which he plays extremely well. He had a good number of great games for the Brewers.

This is cool. Fergie Jenkins is getting a statue outside Wrigley Field with the other greats.

https://www.bleacher...-wrigley-field/

Great to see! Fergie was the great pitcher of the first Cub teams I remember.

It's only the first week of APRIL, and I'm already yelling at the TV.

Well, not at the TV itself, but at those dammed Brewers on my TV screen. :rage: :laughing guy:

BREWERS WIN! They tried to lose it, but won in spite of themselves!!

Edited by Principled Man

Well, not at the TV itself, but at those dammed Brewers on my TV screen. :rage: :laughing guy:

About the only positive when it comes to being a Mariners' fan is that you have such low expectations that there's never any yelling at the TV or serious hope of even a playoff spot. Hell there's even plenty of times of comic relief.

After Gonzaga shit the bed vs. Baylor the other night I was pretty down and my Mrs. said "well at least now it's baseball season and you already know the Mariners are gonna suck so you won't even have to get your hopes up". Ah yes, the plight of being a fan of the worst sports franchise in all of North America (she's right of course). It's why I have two other teams I root for (Dodgers and Padres).

Hey, how 'bout those Cardinals! :dweez:

I have also enjoyed KC being above .500, but I hoped would last longer!

Brewers pitching staff was pretty lights out and kept the already frustrating Cubs bat cold. Woodruff in particular looks scary.

At least the Cubs get to beat up on the Pirates again.

Ump made the right call with the Mets victory. You'd have to be quick to put your elbow out to get intentionally hit. I've seen David Eckstein do this a lot for my team and others so I know what intentionally getting hit looks like. This ain't it.

Bullshit. Batter made no effort to get out of the way of a pitch in the strike zone. Ump screwed up, but didn't know it until after he saw the replay. Blown call. Here are multiples of the same play, including one that screws a perfect game.

Brewers pitching staff was pretty lights out and kept the already frustrating Cubs bat cold. Woodruff in particular looks scary.

Woodruff and Burnes are studs. The rest of the pitching staff is amazingly mediocre.

Opponents' #1 goal when playing the Brewers is to get to their bullpen.

Woodruff and Burnes are studs. The rest of the pitching staff is amazingly mediocre.

And hope for an off-night for Hader.

And hope for an off-night for Hader.

Case in point: In the Brewers' first win over the Cubs, Hader erased the first hitter on three perfect pitches.

Then Rizzo came up, and Hader went all spastic. He barely survived the inning. :D

Joe Musgrove with the first no hitter in the 53 year history of the (MLB not PCL) San Diego Padres!
  • Like 2