Jump to content


The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!


  • Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#1 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39555 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:46 AM

Hey Baseball Freaks!

It's that time again!  Spring Training opens February 28th!
The 2021 Season is here!!

I thought my A's shit the bed letting Kyle and Marcus bolt but they did some last minute trades and signings.
The season should be a fun one but I have no faith with my Green And Gold in the Playoffs.

I am very excited about the San Diego Padres!!!  
I hope the CRUSH the Dodgers in the NLCS this year!!!

Good Luck to all!!!

LET'S PLAY SOME BALL!!

Sponsored Post

#2 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 11060 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere, but not here
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

The Padres look exciting this year.

The Cubs....don't.

#3 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Tin Cup

  • Members
  • 4005 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:24 AM

View PostThe Analog Cub, on 23 February 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

The Padres look exciting this year.

The Cubs....don't.

Have you seen that stat that says the NL Central has the lowest collective odds to advance to the World Series? Mediocre may be enough to win that division, so c'mon Cardinals!

#4 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Tin Cup

  • Members
  • 4005 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:25 AM

And as long as I'm already here posting, and to evenly split my divided state loyalties, I'm excited to see what Kansas City's young pitching will do.

#5 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

Enjoy the season because there will be a work stoppage next season. Once the Mariners' CEO opened his mouth about holding players back in the minors to give teams longer until they reach free agency, it sealed the fate of a stoppage. It's been going on for a while of course, most notably with the Cubs doing Kris Bryant like that but now it's been admitted to and the players are going to want a change. Can they get it? Hard to prove unless it's admitted to so unlikely.

As for this season, I am a LONG suffering Mariners fan and of course they'll be shit as usual. I am also a Padres fan from my time living in San Diego and a Dodgers fan from my time growing up in Spokane when that town's team was the Dodgers AAA farm club and I saw all those great 70s Dodgers players go through on their way to LA. Those 2 teams will fight for the NL West but imo the Dodgers will simply have too much pitching to be beaten out for the Division title and in fact, I'll predict they win the WS again.

On a side note, part of my planned motorcycling vacation this year involves riding to San Diego to catch a game at Petco which was built after I moved away and then riding up to San Francisco to catch a game at whatever AT&T Park is now called.

#6 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81274 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 24 February 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

Enjoy the season because there will be a work stoppage next season. Once the Mariners' CEO opened his mouth about holding players back in the minors to give teams longer until they reach free agency, it sealed the fate of a stoppage. It's been going on for a while of course, most notably with the Cubs doing Kris Bryant like that but now it's been admitted to and the players are going to want a change. Can they get it? Hard to prove unless it's admitted to so unlikely.

As for this season, I am a LONG suffering Mariners fan and of course they'll be shit as usual. I am also a Padres fan from my time living in San Diego and a Dodgers fan from my time growing up in Spokane when that town's team was the Dodgers AAA farm club and I saw all those great 70s Dodgers players go through on their way to LA. Those 2 teams will fight for the NL West but imo the Dodgers will simply have too much pitching to be beaten out for the Division title and in fact, I'll predict they win the WS again.

On a side note, part of my planned motorcycling vacation this year involves riding to San Diego to catch a game at Petco which was built after I moved away and then riding up to San Francisco to catch a game at whatever AT&T Park is now called.
SF has a great ballpark!  Their's and Seattle's are my top parks.  How is San Diego's?

#7 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:06 PM

View Postgoose, on 24 February 2021 - 11:01 AM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 24 February 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

Enjoy the season because there will be a work stoppage next season. Once the Mariners' CEO opened his mouth about holding players back in the minors to give teams longer until they reach free agency, it sealed the fate of a stoppage. It's been going on for a while of course, most notably with the Cubs doing Kris Bryant like that but now it's been admitted to and the players are going to want a change. Can they get it? Hard to prove unless it's admitted to so unlikely.

As for this season, I am a LONG suffering Mariners fan and of course they'll be shit as usual. I am also a Padres fan from my time living in San Diego and a Dodgers fan from my time growing up in Spokane when that town's team was the Dodgers AAA farm club and I saw all those great 70s Dodgers players go through on their way to LA. Those 2 teams will fight for the NL West but imo the Dodgers will simply have too much pitching to be beaten out for the Division title and in fact, I'll predict they win the WS again.

On a side note, part of my planned motorcycling vacation this year involves riding to San Diego to catch a game at Petco which was built after I moved away and then riding up to San Francisco to catch a game at whatever AT&T Park is now called.
SF has a great ballpark!  Their's and Seattle's are my top parks.  How is San Diego's?
Well it looks great on TV. Like I said, they built it a couple of years after I moved away. I've been to Seattle's and it is very nice but San Diego's looks better on TV. If the games come off as scheduled, I'll let you know when I get down there.

#8 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 32828 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hoping Maddon can get the Angels back in a non shortened season for once especially since it’s Pujols’ last.  Sick of the freaking Asstros.

#9 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:12 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 24 February 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hoping Maddon can get the Angels back in a non shortened season for once especially since it’s Pujols’ last.  Sick of the freaking Asstros.
Ditto. The loss of Springer could hurt them some. Let's hope so.

#10 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9801 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

  • Maybe the red sox are waiting to build the team next season.  :cool:

Edited by Chicken hawk, 26 February 2021 - 12:11 PM.


#11 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81274 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:55 PM

Dodgers are the first team to have three Cy Young and three MVPs on the same team.  There's some overlap in players, but still.  You gotta like their chances to repeat.

#12 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:55 PM

Cubs trade Bryant to Red Sox.





















Thank God it wasn't Kris.

#13 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81274 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:15 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 27 February 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

Cubs trade Bryant to Red Sox.





















Thank God it wasn't Kris.
The alert that "Bryant" was traded was some quality trolling of Cubs fans.  :P

#14 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

View Postgoose, on 27 February 2021 - 07:15 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 27 February 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

Cubs trade Bryant to Red Sox.





















Thank God it wasn't Kris.
The alert that "Bryant" was traded was some quality trolling of Cubs fans.  :P
Yeah, my kid got me.

#15 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 11060 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere, but not here
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:06 PM

Spring Training is here!!!

#16 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81274 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:11 PM

View PostThe Analog Cub, on 28 February 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Spring Training is here!!!
I got the A's vs Dodgers,  my two fav teams, so it was a win-win for me.  A win-loss for them, though, with los Doyers winning 2-1.

#17 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:45 AM

View PostThe Analog Cub, on 28 February 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Spring Training is here!!!
Which has coincided with temperatures in the mid-50s to lower 60s here this week and lots of sunshine. Talk about giving me the itch for summer................

(paying no attention right now to the fact that it'll rain all next week)

#18 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 13968 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cars, cats, metal, baseball, my pet tarantula

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:16 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the Dodgers play (yes im a bandwagoner!). It was hard to see Hernandez go, he did good in last year's post season. I'm very thankful that they kept JT, he REALLY came in clutch.

#19 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 98939 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:52 PM

View Postjamie, on 02 March 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Dodgers play (yes im a bandwagoner!). It was hard to see Hernandez go, he did good in last year's post season. I'm very thankful that they kept JT, he REALLY came in clutch.
Posted Image

#20 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 32828 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:33 PM

View Postjamie, on 02 March 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Dodgers play (yes im a bandwagoner!). It was hard to see Hernandez go, he did good in last year's post season. I'm very thankful that they kept JT, he REALLY came in clutch.

Asking since you're in the inland area but have you gone to any Quakes games in Cucamonga?  The single A Dodgers used to be the Inland 66ers in San Berdu years ago but they switched with the Angels farm system.  Quakes started out with the Padres before the Angels.  The Padres are the closest to you since they're on the Lake Elsinore Storm.

Edited by invisible airwave, 28 March 2021 - 10:34 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users