TRF's Most Hated Rush Albums: The Worst?

_hi_water._

20 members have voted

1. 1. The Absolute WORST?

• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Test For Echo
    • Snakes & Arrows

Who didn't vote for Snakes? I don't understand. In fact, I don't understand why there are any other options in the poll.

Because in 1991 Rush made an album called Roll The Bones.

• Like 1

Interesting.....I actually think T4E was a partial return to form after the previous two stinkers.

I don't mind Presto as though the rot had set in, there's nearly half a good album there.

RTB and Counterparts are both utter dogshit, with Counterparts being te smellier of the two.

I can't really vote for S&A or later as I just can't remember much of it.

Time for polarisation! Counterparts is one of their best! And Snake and Arrows is pretty damn good too!

Each of these albums in this poll have (to me only probably) have stand out tracks that match other parts of their discography:-

Presto - Superconductor

Roll the bones - Ghost of a chance

T4E - Driven

And Snakes & Arrows has the excellent Far Cry.

Yeah - some of you will most likely disagree with that but we all have our opinions....

But I do think the 1st 3 have a lot of bland or average songs too. And it's kind of difficult to choose the worst because I agree that they (excluding S&A) are 'probably' the worst from Rush.

But saying they are like animal doo-doo is a bit far imo. They're Rush albums so still worth an occasional listen.

Surprise Vapor Trails wasn't included in this list because that's been 'dissed' in some threads too. Although personally I quite like it and think it has a different feel to it compared to most other Rush albums.

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 1

But saying they are like animal doo-doo is a bit far imo. They're Rush albums so still worth an occasional listen.

No it's not (and it's dogshit not doo-doo)

Just because they are Rush albums doesn't mean they are any f***ing good...they have to earn respect on individual merit.

• Like 1

Who didn't vote for Snakes? I don't understand. In fact, I don't understand why there are any other options in the poll.

Yeah, but Snakes! I mean....Snakes is a terrible Rascal Flatts album. Honestly I don't even know if they have a good album, but if they have a lousy album, its better than Snakes. I like Far Cry. Its a really good song. The rest of the album is embarrassing. Edited by Pound of Obscure
  • Like 1

Yeah, but Snakes! I mean....Snakes is a terrible Rascal Flatts album. Honestly I don't even know if they have a good album, but if they have a lousy album, its better than Snakes. I like Far Cry. Its a really good song. The rest of the album is embarrassing.

I think a lot of it's fine. Not outstanding usually, but fine. Far Cry is worthy of classic status.

Of these I suppose Test is the worst, but they're all much better than the debut.

The eponymous debut is their worst by far.

Still a good album, though.

The mix I would make from these albums would be

Show Don't Tell

Available Light

Dreamline

Where's My Thing

Ghost of a Chance

Driven

The Color of Right

Time and Motion

Limbo

Far Cry