Follow The Science...

JohnRogers

Geeks in lab coats determine the 21 most hated bands, because...science. Yes they made the list at #18, I'm fuming so mad I might punch Fauci in the lip.

https://www.radio.com/y98/latest/the-most-hated-bands-according-to-science?fbclid=IwAR2A9o7kHdDFhjMUOMtIP4brSIvOpa02U498-PayA4cMSdrpgQZTLxaekM8

I think it's a fair list, as most bands mentioned are pretty polarizing. RUSH being at #18 shows how much they were actually been embraced in their latter years. In 1980 they'd likely have made top 3.
  • Like 2

Geeks in lab coats determine the 21 most hated bands, because...science. Yes they made the list at #18, I'm fuming so mad I might punch Fauci in the lip.

https://www.radio.co...SdrpgQZTLxaekM8

I blame it on the demon sperm quack that Madonna simps for. Most of those, including you know who, are on the Your Favorite Band Sucks podcast.

I would add the faux "rock" pop bands like Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, Fallout Boy and the latest offender, AJR.

Edited by invisible airwave

Elsewhere on the site they have a list of most hated states and not only is New York not #1, it's not even in the top ten. Throw this site in the same pile as the study that showed vaccines cause autism.
  • Like 1

Among my favorite bands none is more commonly hated than Rush.

I love Rush, but the fact that many people hate them is frankly true.

It doesn't matter. That's what makes them polarizing- a lot of people either love or hate them. That's just reality.

Every band has haters. There's no right or wrong about it.

After reading the list, and going by the other music groups I'm in or have been in, this list is accurate.

All of these bands have both millions of fans and millions of haters.

I've seen all of these kicked in the teeth repeatedly in music groups followed by knightly defenders coming their rescue.

Rush probably deserves to be on it, there's likewise a lot of other bands on the list that conjure a love/hate reaction in the average rock music listener. There's even a few "they need a punch in the mouth" level bands on that list, which explains why Rush isn't ranked that high.

I still can't recall ever hearing anything from Mumford and Sons.

I didn't get into Rush until the early 90s. So, this level of hate that they once had I completely missed out on and can't relate to in any way. The band seemed pretty well respected by the time I started collecting their albums.

Elsewhere on the site they have a list of most hated states and not only is New York not #1, it's not even in the top ten. Throw this site in the same pile as the study that showed vaccines cause autism.

Great pizza really does smooth over a lot.