Jump to content


The Perseverance Rover Lands on The Red Planet


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 13884 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:05 PM

An absolutely stunning feat of engineering.  :o




Sponsored Post

#2 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4975 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM

Saw a picture after the landing with what appeared to be blue sky. Makes sense I suppose but not something I expected on another planet. This is the picture:

Posted Image

Edited by driventotheedge, 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM.


#3 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 14784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:08 PM

Very cool stuff. I think I have seen too many sci-fi movies though as I was completely expecting something to rise up from the ground and destroy the rover before it landed lol

#4 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 13884 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:32 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

Saw a picture after the landing with what appeared to be blue sky. Makes sense I suppose but not something I expected on another planet. This is the picture:

Posted Image

The Martian sky does show some blueness at times, but it’s mostly a butterscotch-like color.  Lots of iron oxide dust in the air will make yellowish-reddish-brown colors.

#5 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 28552 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:00 AM

Insert 'rescue Matt Damon' joke here.

#6 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4975 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:00 AM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 22 February 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

Saw a picture after the landing with what appeared to be blue sky. Makes sense I suppose but not something I expected on another planet. This is the picture:

Posted Image

The Martian sky does show some blueness at times, but it’s mostly a butterscotch-like color.  Lots of iron oxide dust in the air will make yellowish-reddish-brown colors.
Thanks for the info man. :)

#7 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 86105 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:40 AM

How cool.

#8 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 65436 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:50 AM

Mars looks pretty barren and lifeless.
I guess when the Devil Girl from Mars visited Earth in the 1950s in order to enslave human males to help repopulate Mars...the plan didn't exactly work out

Posted Image

#9 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 14784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 24 February 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

Mars looks pretty barren and lifeless.
I guess when the Devil Girl from Mars visited Earth in the 1950s in order to enslave human males to help repopulate Mars...the plan didn't exactly work out

Posted Image

It didn't work because that outfit wasn't showing off enough skin.

#10 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1804 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:48 PM

 Principled Man, on 22 February 2021 - 03:05 PM, said:

An absolutely stunning feat of engineering.  :o




Yeah but Kanye and Kim gotta DIVORCE.

#11 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 65436 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:40 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 24 February 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostYour_Lion, on 24 February 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

Mars looks pretty barren and lifeless.
I guess when the Devil Girl from Mars visited Earth in the 1950s in order to enslave human males to help repopulate Mars...the plan didn't exactly work out

Posted Image

It didn't work because that outfit wasn't showing off enough skin.
LOL :lol:
Well, I guess I'm the kind of guy who has a preference for shiny leather / latex more than bare skin
So if she came asking, I'd be off to Mars like a shot :notworthy: :whipgirl:

TMI? :outtahere:

Edited by Your_Lion, 25 February 2021 - 07:41 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users