Black Sabbath Vol 4 Super-Duper Deluxe Edition

custom55

I don't understand why the bonus material of their reissues aren't on streaming. Other bands do this but not Sabbath for some strange reason. I was lucky to find a torrent of the extras on Metal Tracker. You have to register first, though.

There's a lot of extras and obscure stuff on Internet Archive as well. The extras on MOR and Paranoid are on there.

I didn't because the album tracks are merely remastered and SW only remixed some of the bonus material. My guess is the master tapes for the album are lost (maybe lost in that big fire a while back), so they couldn't remix the album. The bonus stuff may have been salvaged being stored somewhere else.

https://store.rhino....dition-4cd.html

"Bolstered by a fresh remastering, Vol 4’s ambitious arrangements and complex grooves have never sounded more inspired and menacing..."

"The set also features 11 additional studio recordings (also newly mixed by Wilson from the analog multi-tracks)..."

All language intended to obfuscate the fact it's an underwhelming release, though I'm sure diehard Sabbath fans will buy it anyway for the bonus material.

Edited by stoopid

Got it today. Weekend focus

What do you think of it now?

I'm a huge fan of this album for a variety of reasons.

The basic album ( remastered ) sounds fantastic with headphones. Playing in the car, no noticeable difference. The other 3 discs, meh.

Like all deluxe/remastered/reengineered albums, they are for hard-core fans.

• Like 2