Schitt's Creek

Maverick

There doesn't seem to be a thread about this show here. This is one of the best out there. I've watched the whole series three times, and I'm looking forward to watching it again. It's got Seinfeld level re-watchability.

So who else is a fan?

Ew, David!

• Like 3

Stopped watching some time in the second season since I found all the main characters thoroughly unlikable and I couldn't find any sympathy for their "struggle".

I also didn't find it to be that funny. Which was a letdown since Eugene Levey and Catherine O'Hara are in it.

• Like 1

Stopped watching some time in the second season since I found all the main characters thoroughly unlikable and I couldn't find any sympathy for their "struggle".

I also didn't find it to be that funny. Which was a letdown since Eugene Levey and Catherine O'Hara are in it.

I agree. It wears out its welcome pretty quickly.

Edited by Turbine Freight

I made it about that far. I think I said something similar to your post in the Binge thread. I found it funny, but once they started to run out of jokes and moved more to relationship development I list interest. As you noted, they are funny but mostly unlikable, and as the funny wanes, the latter becomes more of an issue.

At dinner last night folks were raving about the show, and I agreed that Levy and son were excellent in their roles, as well as OHara.

I`ve not seen it but a friend who I generally share comedy taste with loves it. The title sounds like they thought of that first and then fitted a show around it, which I find off-putting.

Are you sure you're not talking about Ron Moore's 2004-2009 Battlestar Galactica?

Are you sure you're not talking about Ron Moore's 2004-2009 Battlestar Galactica?

No, because I love that show. Plus, they weren't trying to be a comedy that wasn't funny.

No, because I love that show. Plus, they weren't trying to be a comedy that wasn't funny.

Battlestar Galactica certainly became funny, Ron Moore may not have planned it that way.

If you realize they are making fun of "themselves", a family in that situation - from ultimately super rich and then have to make do with a "joke" purchase of a town because it was "there" and then have to live there, it works.

Yes it popularizes gay comedy, but not every scene is great. It's just that they kept at it, kept working the characters with a really low budget and made it work. CBC is not Blockbuster...but the family was? I found lots of funny moments.

The whole "personal space" issues when they are used to being totally spoiled and no parents around - to parents around constantly with no space, super silly. And O'Hara is wonderfully ridiculous. A matter of taste, but they stuck to it.

• Like 3

I love Schitt's Creek! I find it to be a perfect comfort show and I will never not unabashedly love A Little Bit Alexis.

From the critically reviewed reality series.

I'm a little bit single, even when I’m not
  • Like 1