The Caress of Steel Tour Book - Now Online

Jag2112

The 'new' Caress of Steel tour book has been scanned and transcribed for your reading and viewing pleasure.

The article included in the tour book, which was written back in 1975, is fairly insightful and actually speaks to the success Rush would go on to have. A great read.

You can check out the tour book transcription here: https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourbook-cos.php

Artwork and all photos from the book are available here: https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/imagedb-tourbook-cos.php

And if you're so inclined, all the other Rush Tour Books are also online via this link:https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/bios.php#B12

Enjoy-

• Like 7

The 'new' Caress of Steel tour book has been scanned and transcribed for your reading and viewing pleasure.

The article included in the tour book, which was written back in 1975, is fairly insightful and actually speaks to the success Rush would go on to have. A great read.

You can check out the tour book transcription here: https://www.cygnus-x...ourbook-cos.php

Artwork and all photos from the book are available here: https://www.cygnus-x...ourbook-cos.php

And if you're so inclined, all the other Rush Tour Books are also online via this link:https://www.cygnus-x...sh/bios.php#B12

Enjoy-

You're right That's such an interesting read. a video for Lakeside Park? i'd love to know what happened there. has anyone here ever heard about that?

Hey, thanks, Jag! It's interesting that Neil had yet to take over the feature article duties, and ironic that, while it's clear that Raymond Michael was one of the few enthusiastic journalists to chronicle the band, even he sold them slightly short, missing the mark, albeit only on few specifics. Most notably, the first two I pulled below seem like they just have to have been written in retrospect for humorous purposes:

• But they will ultimately learn from the experiment of this first and probably only attempt at devoting an entire side of an LP to one track.
  • While I certainly don't expect to be still writing about Rush forty years from now, I do expect "Caress Of Steel" to be their biggest commercial success to date.
  • From now on, I'm sure it will be more like 2,050, or 3,050 screaming Rush fans.

Hey, thanks, Jag! It's interesting that Neil had yet to take over the feature article duties, and ironic that, while it's clear that Raymond Michael was one of the few enthusiastic journalists to chronicle the band, even he sold them slightly short, missing the mark, albeit only on few specifics. Most notably, the first two I pulled below seem like they just have to have been written in retrospect for humorous purposes:

• But they will ultimately learn from the experiment of this first and probably only attempt at devoting an entire side of an LP to one track.
  • While I certainly don't expect to be still writing about Rush forty years from now, I do expect "Caress Of Steel" to be their biggest commercial success to date.
  • From now on, I'm sure it will be more like 2,050, or 3,050 screaming Rush fans.

yeah- I found those particular quotes interesting when I first read them too.

• Like 1

Brings to mind the old Frank Zappa quote that rock journalism is "people who can't write interviewing people who can't speak for people who can't read."

• Like 2

months later, i still can't help but wonder how 'n when the articles from each of these new tourbooks were found. who was sititng on them for the last forty-plus years? surprised too that they werent used or mentioned in the Wandering The Face of the earth book.

• Like 1

Brings to mind the old Frank Zappa quote that rock journalism is "people who can't write interviewing people who can't speak for people who can't read."

I believe it was think instead of speak, but I think the point Zappa was making was right on.