Stafford for Goff and draft picks

HemiBeers

Trade announced. Stafford for Goff plus Rams 3rd rounder this year and Rams 1st in 2022 and 2023.

While Goff is not as good as Stafford, this trade works for the Lions for the draft picks. Plus Goff's contract could be dumped after this year for $15m in dead cap and $0 dead cap if they keep him after 2022. So that allows them to wait until next year to draft a QB.

As for the Rams...better win this year baby. We'll certainly find out the reason why Stafford hasn't won a playoff game in his career.

Watson was the superior option to Stafford, but his price was probably higher.

• Like 2

Trade announced. Stafford for Goff plus Rams 3rd rounder this year and Rams 1st in 2022 and 2023.

While Goff is not as good as Stafford, this trade works for the Lions for the draft picks. Plus Goff's contract could be dumped after this year for $15m in dead cap and $0 dead cap if they keep him after 2022. So that allows them to wait until next year to draft a QB.

As for the Rams...better win this year baby. We'll certainly find out the reason why Stafford hasn't won a playoff game in his career.

Yeah, Watson was probably much higher. Still, I'm not sure I totally get this for either side. Fortunately for them, it doesn't matter what I think, so bring on the QB carousel!

Yeah, Watson was probably much higher. Still, I'm not sure I totally get this for either side. Fortunately for them, it doesn't matter what I think, so bring on the QB carousel!

The Rams were going nowhere with Goff and they were an aging team anyway. They had the choice to tear it all down or go for it for the next two years. 2024 and following may be tough but their chances over the next three years are considerably better.

If this trade is finalized, the Rams will have gone from 2017 to 2023 with no first round picks.

Mcvay lost patience with Goff because of turnovers. Stafford has the same tendency, especially late in games. Plus Stafford has a history of back issues. I could see this really backfiring on the Rams.

Cali boy Goff can't be too pleased about his exile to the tundra.

At least Goff's contract is tolerable for 2 years. Wentz's deal is a 3-4 year curse to unload.

Rams are $35m over the cap after this. Detroit is about $10m over.

Really surprised Indy didn't make a strong play in this since they're $68m under the cap. But Stafford gave a list of 4 preferable teams and maybe Indy wasn't one of them.

Edited by HemiBeers

Goff will be dead by the fifth game because Lions O line (and whole team) is much worse than the Rams. We will see just how good or bad Stafford is. I'm rooting for the NFL's newest team: The Detroit Rams!

So my home team Lions kick out Caldwell at 9-7 because it wasn't good enough (I agree). Then we hire a new GM and coach that totally dismantle ANY chances of success by trading away disgruntled (due to the new f@ck tard coaches demeanor) Pro Bowl caliber players for washed up Patriots!

Now we have two NEW unknowns that I hope might possibly, can almost, just maybe, be able to assemble some sort of CFL caliber team to take the field in 2021.

Has ANY fan base had it as bad as a Lion's fan????

• Like 2

This just in Lion's trade entire roster and picks for the next five years for Watson! Practice squad has been elevated to starters and the Lions odds to make it to the Super bowl just increased ten-fold....
  • Like 1

Moving on to next QB predictions:

1. Big Ben gets cut or retires in Pittsburgh. That one isn't a stretch...he's toast.

2. Winston resigns in New Orleans and they keep him on a short leash. That's an easy one.

3. Raidahs re-sign Mariotta for starter and trade Carr to Indy. Gruden has 0 patience for QBs and always blames them for his problems (even thought their D sucks).

4. Fitzpatrick...hmmm, always the hired one year gun. I think he goes to....New England.

5. Trubisky goes to Washington. The only team dumb enough to take a chance on this stiff.

At least Stafford might have a chance to participate in a playoff game this year. Goff, bwahaha, right.

Watson maybe superior, but methinks other teams are reluctant because of his attitude.

At least Stafford might have a chance to participate in a playoff game this year. Goff, bwahaha, right.

Watson maybe superior, but methinks other teams are reluctant because of his attitude.

If by attitude you mean not getting the shit beat out of him every week while the front office and coaching staff trade away talented players for pennies on the hundreds of dollars, and engage in inexplicable hiring decisions in the front office so that said beatings are in the service of losing records, I'm not sure why such an attitude would be offputting to teams that were actually interested in winning.

• Like 5

Latest: Stafford was prepared to go anywhere but New England.

Probably the Matt Patricia factor.

No doubt! Patricia did the classic rookie coach mistake of showing his feathers (peacocking) in front of his new team and started picking fights with the elite to prove how tough he is. It backfired! Big time! No way Stafford could be on the same sideline with that failure again...

Goff will be dead by the fifth game because Lions O line (and whole team) is much worse than the Rams. We will see just how good or bad Stafford is. I'm rooting for the NFL's newest team: The Detroit Rams!

So my home team Lions kick out Caldwell at 9-7 because it wasn't good enough (I agree). Then we hire a new GM and coach that totally dismantle ANY chances of success by trading away disgruntled (due to the new f@ck tard coaches demeanor) Pro Bowl caliber players for washed up Patriots!

Now we have two NEW unknowns that I hope might possibly, can almost, just maybe, be able to assemble some sort of CFL caliber team to take the field in 2021.

Has ANY fan base had it as bad as a Lion's fan????

The Seattle Mariners' fanbase. Longest playoff drought of any North American professional sports team. :banghead:

If you're talking the NFL though, the answer is "no".

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

1. Big Ben gets cut or retires in Pittsburgh. That one isn't a stretch...he's toast.

2. Winston resigns in New Orleans and they keep him on a short leash. That's an easy one.

3. Raidahs re-sign Mariotta for starter and trade Carr to Indy. Gruden has 0 patience for QBs and always blames them for his problems (even thought their D sucks).

4. Fitzpatrick...hmmm, always the hired one year gun. I think he goes to....New England.

5. Trubisky goes to Washington. The only team dumb enough to take a chance on this stiff.

6. Dak Prescott - sign - franchise - trade - cut?

What? I am aghast, sir! (Honestly, I had not even considered such a flameout course -- now I can't stop seeing it! Arrrrgggggghhhhhh!)

What? I am aghast, sir! (Honestly, I had not even considered such a flameout course -- now I can't stop seeing it! Arrrrgggggghhhhhh!)

Listen I hope they sign him. BUT....salary cap and both sides seem pretty firm in their negotiations. Dak's brother seems upset in his twitter posts which could indicate Dak's team is not budging. The franchise tag will handcuff them at $37 million. I know from reading posts on different articles there are a lot of Cowboy fans who don't think he is that good and want him gone. And they have a top 10 pick. Just food for thought until something gets done.