Rolling Stone Magazine - Geddy Lee on the Genius of Neil Peart

RushFanForever

Check it out below.

Geddy Lee on the Genius of Neil Peart

For those who're prompted with a subscription page on their mobile device, you can read the article/interview from Yahoo here.

This is probably part two of what writer Brian Hiatt hinted at with mention in this recent podcast here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 10

Thank you RushFanForever for posting this!

I will listen to Geddy talk about paint drying, but the details of working together - priceless :) I had the general impressions of their working together from past interviews and Neil's writings, but this is really detailed and interesting.

I often wondered just how Neil-centric their collaborations were and this reveals how very much it was. And well deserved. And how they came to agreements, all of it so nice to see in print.

Seems Brian Hiatt is an end-game fan?

• Like 2

Check it out below.

Geddy Lee on the Genius of Neil Peart

For those who're prompted with a subscription page on their mobile device, you can read the article/interview from Yahoo here.

This is probably part two of what writer Brian Hiatt hinted at with mention in this recent podcast here.

Such a lovely article! Thanks so much for posting this. It revealed the complexity of working with Neil, even after 40 years together. It was wonderful to hear about their friendship for what may be one of the last times.

• Like 1

Great article! Thanks for posting.

No surprise to read this (I mean Neil rehearsed prior to the rehearsals) but it was still nice to read this:

But he awed me over and over again. He was relentless in the studio and he would play it as many times as required. Half the time, you’d be going, “Well, that’s a take, right?” And he would say, “No. It wasn’t a take.” Not for him. He was so incredibly demanding of himself and of course, you have to rise to that level. It just happens that way. It just becomes your band mantra when you see a guy working that hard. You work that hard.

• Like 1