RIP iconic actress Cicely Tyson, 96

laughedatbytime

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. She will be missed. My condolences, to her family, and friends. R.I.P., Cicely.
  • Like 2

I thought she was in her 70s. Had no idea she was that age. Saw Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time recently on Showtime and it's one of the better movies that gets the "chick flick" label thrown on it. Great performances especially with that hilarious scene with Kathy Bates.

"I"m older and I have more insurance!" :lol:

RIP

• Like 2

Such a talented actress and great role model for so many up and coming actors over the years. I too enjoyed her role in Fried Green Tomatoes, I actually got to go to the actual restaurant in Georgia where it was filmed and had fried green tomatoes. ;)

She won Emmys and an Oscar besides receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2016. Bet her book will be worth reading, (was married to Miles Davis for a short time) such a life! RIP :rose:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

In 1972, when I was a lad of just 9 years old, Mum took my sisters and I to see the movie "Sounder".

It had a profound impact on my life and worldview.

Original_movie_poster_for_the_film_Sounder.jpg

Years later, Ms. Tyson was in another of my favourite movies, "Fried Green Tomatoes".

Very sad loss, but what a wonderful long life full of accomplishment and inspiration to such a wide variety of people...

...including a young 9 year old all those years ago.

God bless you Cicely Tyson and may you rest in peace.

:rose:

• Like 2