#1 Brad737

Brad737

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Aviation, Firearms, Knives

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

Hello, all.

I’ve played guitar for 30+ years. I’ve never owned a bass, but my kids are about old enough to start playing, so I thought it would be a good idea to get a bass rig. I’m obviously going to get a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, but I have absolutely no idea where to start as far as amps go.  Can any of you recommend a good beginner bass amp?

Thanks,
Brad

Sponsored Post

#2 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 12263 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

When I first read this, I was thinking, "Carolina rig or Texas rig" as in bass fishing. :eh:

#3 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6846 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:24 PM

I like my Fender Rumble.  Not sure if the lower-watt models come with the overdrive, but I have a lot of fun with mine - not exactly Lee's sound, but a kind of approximation.

edit - it looks like the Rumble 25 has the overdrive, but I don't know how that one sounds.  I have the 500, and I gig with it.  Also, it's nice and light!

Edited by toymaker, 25 January 2021 - 03:28 PM.

#4 New Digital Man

New Digital Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 25 January 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

I like my Fender Rumble.  Not sure if the lower-watt models come with the overdrive, but I have a lot of fun with mine - not exactly Lee's sound, but a kind of approximation.

edit - it looks like the Rumble 25 has the overdrive, but I don't know how that one sounds.  I have the 500, and I gig with it.  Also, it's nice and light!
Yeah the Rumble 40 is supposed to be really good or step up to the Rumble 100 or 200! There's a lot of really good used gear out there and lots of bargains to be had!

Edited by New Digital Man, 26 January 2021 - 04:44 PM.

#5 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6846 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

View PostNew Digital Man, on 26 January 2021 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 25 January 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah the Rumble 40 is supposed to be really good or step up to the Rumble 100 or 200! There's a lot of really good used gear out there and lots of bargains to be had!

#6 GordonCalvin

GordonCalvin

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Watches, Sports. PC Building , Cooking

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:51 AM

There are a lot of options out there. All you need to do is search it on Google about the beginner amps. It is nice to see but there are possible options out there. You can see that there are nice bass rigs out there because bass guitars are actually one of the most important instruments out there. It is hard to tell anyone to buy bass because guitars are definitely more popular but it is noteworthy to say that the beginner bass pieces will fetch a ton of money but it is worth it. Make sure that you buy quality but there should be a good middle ground for price and quality and not just skewed in a certain category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users