Mira Furlan RIP

Rhyta

Heard yesterday that Mira Furlan, actress who played Ambassador Delenn on Babylon 5 had passed away. My husband saw a tribute to her by the series creator JMS and shared it with me. Evidently she had contracted West Nile Virus at some point and had been struggling with it for a long time. She was 65.

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite sci-fi series, I found it when TNT bought the rights in the late 90's and got hooked. There was supposed to be a movie made but it never materialized and after a bunch of main characters passed that sealed its fate.

Rest in Peace Mira, where no Shadows fall :rose: :(

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Heard yesterday that Mira Furlan, actress who played Ambassador Delenn on Babylon 5 had passed away. My husband saw a tribute to her by the series creator JMS and shared it with me. Evidently she had contracted West Nile Virus at some point and had been struggling with it for a long time. She was 65.

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite sci-fi series, I found it when TNT bought the rights in the late 90's and got hooked. There was supposed to be a movie made but it never materialized and after a bunch of main characters passed that sealed its fate.

Rest in Peace Mira, where no Shadows fall :rose: :(

I saw this yesterday and thought of you. I watched the series briefly but just as I was getting interested our cable system dropped the channel (Comet) that was carrying it. That is a sad story about her health. RIP, Mira. :rose:

• Like 1

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. She will be remembered, and missed. My condolences, to her family, and friends. R.I.P., Mira.
  • Like 1