"This Is Awesome, Man!!" Young man meets 2112 and is changed forever

Principled Man

The vast majority of "reaction" videos are garbage, but this young man gets it.

His name is Tim, he's a guitar player, and he does serious reaction videos of certain bands. His dad encouraged him to check out Rush, so he's been doing a lot of reaction videos to Rush songs.

His reaction to 2112, which he has never heard, is really good. Like the rest of us, his mind was BLOWN. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I forget sometimes, just how emotionally exhausting it is when you really listen to 2112!

I remember the feeling very well. After hearing 2112 in its entirety, I was literally in a daze. I just had to play it over and over again.

It was like receiving a revelation directly from the gods, only the gods were Geddy, Alex and Neil. For about the next 5 years or more, I literally saw them as super-mystical prophets, who knew the secrets of the Universe! :laughing guy:

• Like 3

I forget sometimes, just how emotionally exhausting it is when you really listen to 2112!

I remember the feeling very well. After hearing 2112 in its entirety, I was literally in a daze. I just had to play it over and over again.

It was like receiving a revelation directly from the gods, only the gods were Geddy, Alex and Neil. For about the next 5 years or more, I literally saw them as super-mystical prophets, who knew the secrets of the Universe! :laughing guy:

hEsnabK.jpg

• Like 1

In some of his initial Rush reactions he had his wife along for the ride. Her absence from later Rush reactions suggests they ain't her cup of tea.

Yeah, I've enjoyed watching his Rush reaction vids. It's cool to see his appreciation for Lifeson grow.

After Neil died, a friend of mine who is no fan of Rush sent me a text.

It said (and I copy directly): "I am slightly embarrassed to say I have been listening to 2112 lately. It's really pretty good."

• Like 1