Rediscovering Old Favourites......

madra sneachta

Fort the past few weeks, Pauline (my better half) has had car trouble, so she's using mine and I've got her's until it's sorted, as her journey to work is longer than mine.

Her's is a better and bigger car, but as she's ambivalent about music, she just has a standard radio/tape deck in her car. The upshot is I don't have my 10 disc CD changer fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif .

The silver lining is I've started pulling out old albums that I bought years ago on cassette, and for the past week, the one I can't get enough of is

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002URU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'd forgotten how bloody good Bellybutton is. Quality pop music of the highest order. If you've not heard it, I'd advise you to beg, burrow or steal a copy.

Brilliant.

Kazz started me listening to Nightwish and has me listening to a lot of SYMPHONIC metal. So i think the pioneers in symphonic metal have to be SAVATAGE. In the eighties they released Hall of the Mountain King and defined the symphonic power metal of their day. Along with their producer Paul O'neil, they went on to create TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA. So lately i've been rediscovering the brilliant music of The Oliva brothers and all the incarnations of SAVATAGE. Give them a shot if you get a chance.

I had that ca 7 years ago with Genesis. Knew them for a while but suddenly I noticed how cool they really were ohmy.gif

And it happened to Rush. I had them on my old audio cassettes for years and when I re-heard them I thought: man, that is just MY TASTE! Progressive Rock with a very special voice!!

And somehow it also happened to Elbow. I know those folks as a real cool mix between early Pink Floyd and early Genesis.

But now when they released their new record and I saw that DVD I became a total Elbow-Lunatic biggrin.gif

btw...Jellyfish...I own that record...guess I should give it a listen when I am home again... biggrin.gif (they are at the same record label like early Genesis!!)

Archived