Buffalo Bills

Syrinx

Do they even have their own thread? Could this be the year? I am and will always be a Dallas Cowboys fanatic, but this has always been my quiet second team, based on their proximity to Toronto. Can they beat KC? Is Mahomes going to play?
  • Like 1

I heard on DC sports talk radio this morning the Mahomes seemed to be ok after the game. He'll likely be in the concussion protocol, but they said they expected him to be able to play. But that wasn't anything coming from a doctor. If he's cleared, and takes a hard hit, he could easily be knocked out again.

I've been quietly admiring what Buffalo has been putting together, so I'd definitely like to see them win it all.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the Bills have ever had a thread before or not. But it's not like the franchise has given the fans much to talk about over the last 20 something years until now.

Since Terry Pegula bought the franchise in 2014, he has fully committed to making them a winning team again. It's been a slow process but over the last few seasons all the pieces have fallen into place and we are now seeing the results. Fans are really excited again for this team. As someone who became a fan during their super bowl years in the 90s, it's great to see this kind of enthusiasm around the region for this team one more time. People are happy to be Bills fans again and don't have to make excuses as to why they are still behind them.

Going into Kansas City is going to be tough. I'm not sure how many fans, if any, they have been allowing into the games or if Mahomes will play or not. But if their defense can play like they did against Baltimore then there's a good chance they can win.

Go Bills!

• Like 1

The way Mahomes was wobbling after that hit, he wouldn't be through the protocol in one week. BUT....this is the NFL and he is a marquee star

It appears that it wasn't really a concussion, but rather a neck tackle that damaged nerves.

Yz4w144yfRTd_FFsiWJKTe9X0_1440x960.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

The way Mahomes was wobbling after that hit, he wouldn't be through the protocol in one week. BUT....this is the NFL and he is a marquee star

It appears that it wasn't really a concussion, but rather a neck tackle that damaged nerves.

That's what I heard too and that he passed all the protocols that day. We'll see.

That's what I heard too and that he passed all the protocols that day. We'll see.

Watching the play it's pretty clear that it's not hard contact, but twisting that causes the injury. Why would that kind of tackle not be ground for a penalty, I wonder?

Watching the play it's pretty clear that it's not hard contact, but twisting that causes the injury. Why would that kind of tackle not be ground for a penalty, I wonder?

I haven't see the reports you guys must have read, but I remember thinking at the time "where was the hard contact with the skull?" At first I thought he'd banged his head on the ground, but if you watch the replay, no more than any player does on any play. I texted a friend that I thought the throat tackle had caused a moment of oxygen deficit and that's why he was wobbly. it would be really great if it's not a concussion because then I can feel a lot less guilty for watching him play!

I have no problem with the Bills (the Cowboys did seem to own them in the games that mattered!), and I'm glad Josh Allen is proving all those naysayers wrong, but the allure of a Chiefs repeat means I gotta hope the Bills win some other year.

• Like 1