The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Speaking of jerseys . . . .I hear they are busy correcting it. Poor guy! :ebert: (you know I couldn't let this one go without posting, because, Fleury)

v6BHr8e.png

It also means Bickell's number won't be retired. :(
  • Like 2

Speaking of jerseys . . . .I hear they are busy correcting it. Poor guy! :ebert: (you know I couldn't let this one go without posting, because, Fleury)

v6BHr8e.png

It also means Bickell's number won't be retired. :(

:( :( :(

• Like 1

Corporate logos on jerseys as soon as 22-23...just off the wire

So what are some good fits? Anheuser-Busch for the Blues, maybe; Chicago Bureau of Sanitation for the Blackhawks? Gamblers Anonymous for the Golden Knights? Metamucil for the Lightning?

I just hope they don't do it like in soccer, where you need a magnifying glass to see the team logo, while the company's name is splashed all across the chest.

Or across the front of their helmets like the Europeans do, it looks weird.

Henrik Lundqvist has retired. He leaves the game with 459 wins, the sixth-most victories in NHL history and the most among goalies who played every game of their career with one team (New York Rangers).
  • Like 1

v6BHr8e.png

Oh that's so bad :facepalm:

Have watched both of USA Women's Hockey games at the World Championship. It is so nice to have some games to watch, I just can't get into football even though our college team has their first game in 10 days or less. We lost a really good player last year right around Christmas time (accidental shooting) and since then I haven't felt "up" for it.

Another good thing, Hilary Knight tied tied former U.S. star Cammi Granato's record for goals in women's world hockey championship play with 44 in a 3-0 victory over Finland on Sunday night.

Making her U.S.-record 11th appearance in the event, the 32-year-old Knight scored from the slot to cap the scoring with 6 minutes, 58 seconds left. She also moved within three of Granato's points record of 78. :hockey: :clap: :yay:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Wow, this has been a bad month for hockey. Tony Esposito, just yesterday Rob Gilbert now Jimmy Hayes. :eh:

On top of that there were 3 young players killed in a car crash in British Columbia. All three were members of Delta Hockey Academy and had been picked up as prospects by farm teams of Edmonton, Winnipeg and the Langley Rivermen of BCSHL. They were 16-17 years old. Brings back memories of Humbolt Broncos a few years back.

:sigh: :rose:

• Like 1

Hilary Knight became the all-time scoring leader in women’s hockey world championship history with her 45th goal during the United States’ 6-0 victory over Russia Tuesday. Now the US gets to meet Canada Thursday in the last game of preliminary rounds. :madra:
  • Like 1

Talking about the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championships, I've watched Canada's three games. In the Preliminary Round tomorrow before the Quarterfinals start, Canada and U.S. play their fourth game against each other.
  • Like 1

Wow, what a game! The US v Canada at the Worlds lived up to it's billing. US has won 4 golds in a row but Canada was ready to spoil the party. Started out all US, 2-0 end of the first. Canada came out and tied it up in the second. Both goalies were making incredible saves. Went to OT and Canada won. Congrats to all the players, it was a pleasure to watch. :D :hockey:
  • Like 2

After Canada's four Preliminary Round games with scores of 5-3 over Finland, 5-1 over Russia, 5-0 over Switzerland, and 5-1 over U.S., it was the Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Gold Medal Final. In the Quarterfinals, they had to play Germany, and beat them 7-0. In the Semifinals, they had to play Switzerland, again, and beat them 4-0, then in the Gold Medal Final, they had to play U.S., again, and beat them 3-2 in overtime to win the Gold Medal. The game was closer, than it was in the Preliminary Round. It was a good game, and great 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championships. Congratulations, to Canada, and all of the other players, and coaches. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1