I've always liked, and respected Elvis Presley, and his music. If it wasn't for him, then he wouldn't have been one of the ones, who started "Rock and Roll". "Happy 86th Birthday, to the King of Rock and Roll". Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday, Elvis! :heart: :heart: :heart:

A day for creative people. It is David Bowie's birthday also!

I always liked his music, but I didn't really "get" him as a performer until I saw an HBO special in the 80's called "One Night With You." It was footage from the 60's with Elvis playing an acoustic concert just sitting in a circle and singing to a small group of friends. He was so dynamic and so involved with the music that you couldn't take your eyes off him. I finally understood the devotion people had to him.

I was babysitting a family of kids the summer Elvis died. I was pretty young but the kids were younger! :lol: Their house backed up to a church graveyard and there was a small headstone shaped like a lamb, for a passed away child marked "Twin brother." :( When the kids heard that Elvis had been born as one of a set of twins (Jesse didn't survive) they were convinced that the headstone was for Elvis' twin! That took a bit of explaining when mom came home and the kids were shouting "We found Elvis' twin! We found Elvis' twin!"

Love ya Elvis!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2