Name your Top 5 LEAST favourite popular bands in the hard rock, prog, metal, rock n roll, punk genres

treeduck

Gee, seeing a good few names pop up that I really enjoy. Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, Nirvana, U2, Springsteen....

Can't think of a great many rock bands I really hate, probably because I spend so little mental energy worrying about music I don't like that the names escape me. I can tell you a few pop artists I'm not at all fond of. Bieber, The Chainsmokers, One Direction...

Those will do you're done!

No no no, I love those artists. The ones I don't like are down below. Bieber, The Chainsmokers, One Direction, etc.

I've never heard a note from Bieber or One Direction, I count myself lucky.

Good. Just don't look up "Baby" by Justin Bieber and you will live a sexy and happy life!

Are ELP in your top 30 bands?

not sure

Springsteen

KISS

Richard Marx

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Pretty much every pop artist post 1995

You don't like KISS???

Nope. Too cartoonish.

Van Halen and Ramones are the cartoonish bands Kiss should have been. At least they didn't record a song written by Michael F'ing Bolton that was their biggest post makeup hit. I'll even take Van Cherone over that.

Jonas Brothers

Blood On The Dance Floor

Fall Out Boy

Imagine Dragons

Big Time Rush

Kid Rock

Motley Crue

Simple Plan

Here's more on my mind

That last band is so whiny and lame. I love how Luke from Rocked has mocked them in his reviews. They're basically Canadian Fallout Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-110DRB48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO476YIBCRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuGqZDcKvg

Edited by invisible airwave

Sting

U2

Bush

Nirvana

The Clash

I don’t mind OR even like 4 of those. BUT the remaining band on your list is at the top of my hate list. Somehow I forgot about them in my earlier post. Last week or so I even posted one of their dumb lyrics in the thread on worst lyrics. “I don’t wanna come back down from this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud this cloud...”...just an awful collection of repetitive songs from an overrated, boring, terrible band led by a cheesy frontman.

• Like 1

How to measure how bad a band is? How can I choose to listen to their music less often than "never"? So, nightmare-desert-island scenario where I've got a kickass stereo (powered by coconut energy [rip Dawn Wells]) and only music by these bands:

* Alice Cooper

* Gentle Giant

* W.A.S.P.

* Steely Dan

* Limp Bizkit

• Like 1

A band I never listen to isn`t that harmful to my health, so I`m much more apathetic towards bands rather than disliking them - if I don`t like what I`ve heard, then I`m unlikely to follow up with a full discography and will just ignore them instead.

Whatever appeals about these bands totally bypasses me -

Queen

The Beatles

Def Leppard

The Clash

Iron Maiden

If it wasn`t for Sabbath and Purple, I`d say I had an inbuilt prejudice against British bands.

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

Sabbath?? You little bitch! :boohoo:

He does like the synth era of Rush and NY style "pizza", so take that into account when weighing his opinion...

• Like 1

Sex Pistols.....Good Gawd, all hype and attitude and zero talent. Please give me The Ramones or The Clash for punk with actual musical talent.

Motley Crue.......cliche' city. Hair band trying to be disguised as metal.

Motorhead..........simply for the one time I saw them live opening for Ozzy and Randy on the Blizzard tour. An utterly shit wall of noise.

Journey............I liked one song (Wheel In The Sky)

Ted Nugent..........no matter your political beliefs, anyone that calls children who survived a mass shooting and as a result want stricter gun control "souless" is exactly that himself.

Def Lepperd............first album was OK. After that, zzzzzzzzz

Edited by driventotheedge

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

He does like the synth era of Rush and NY style "pizza", so take that into account when weighing his opinion...

My taste has been described as fun and sophisticated. For the last 72 hours my playlist has been mostly CATS In SPACE.

• Like 1

A band I never listen to isn`t that harmful to my health, so I`m much more apathetic towards bands rather than disliking them - if I don`t like what I`ve heard, then I`m unlikely to follow up with a full discography and will just ignore them instead.

Whatever appeals about these bands totally bypasses me -

Queen

The Beatles

Def Leppard

The Clash

Iron Maiden

If it wasn`t for Sabbath and Purple, I`d say I had an inbuilt prejudice against British bands.

Yikes.

• Like 1

Sex Pistols.....Good Gawd, all hype and attitude and zero talent. Please give me The Ramones or The Clash for punk with actual musical talent.

Motley Crue.......cliche' city. Hair band trying to be disguised as metal.

Motorhead..........simply for the one time I saw them live opening for Ozzy and Randy on the Blizzard tour. An utterly shit wall of noise.

Journey............I liked one song (Wheel In The Sky)

Ted Nugent..........no matter your political beliefs, anyone that calls children who survived a mass shooting and as a result want stricter gun control "souless" is exactly that himself.

Def Lepperd............first album was OK. After that, zzzzzzzzz

Other than Journey this could have been my list.

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

My taste has been described as fun and sophisticated. For the last 72 hours my playlist has been mostly CATS In SPACE.

Trolling, or just trying too hard?

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

And yet you listen to Rush's synth era on purpose? Have another one buddy.

fun and sophisticated...fun and sophisticated.

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

Sorry brah, CATS In SPACE is the best new music since Greta Van Fleet and The Struts.

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

Sorry brah, CATS In SPACE is the best new music since Greta Van Fleet and The Struts.

I have an upcoming dental appointment. I'll let you know what I think when I get back (unless they're playing Hold Your Fire again.)

Springsteen

KISS

Richard Marx

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Pretty much every pop artist post 1995

You don't like KISS???

Nope. Too cartoonish.

At least they didn't record a song written by Michael F'ing Bolton that was their biggest post makeup hit.

And even that wasn't Mikey's worst effort at wailing ear bleach. That belongs to his remake of Reach Out/I'll Be There (4 Tops). Make ya run for the hills type of vocals.