What in the world of music did you learn today?

Entre_Perpetuo

Yesterday I learned Charlie Watts doesn't play on You Can't Always Get What You Want. Instead the Stones' producer Jimmy Miller handles the drums. Apparently the two were having a frustrating time in the studio as Jimmy was trying to tell Charlie exactly how he wanted the beat played. Charlie wasn't really picking it up, and Jimmy sat down at the kit and said, "let me show you." Charlie got up and replied, "if you know how to do it, then you do it," and walked out of the studio for the day.

I'm watching the new Rick James documentary on Showtime, Bitchin. I had no idea he was in a band with Neil Young. He had those connections to him, The Band and Joni Mitchell since his home of Buffalo was close to Canada.

Now I find out he nearly was at the party that led to the Manson murder but had a hangover and skipped it.

Who knows if he could have prevented it like Cliff Booth and Rick Dalton? :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has passed away at the age of 39. RIP :rose:

Sarah Harding, Girls Aloud singer, dies of cancer - CNN

6051d6002700004700c839e0.jpg?cache=nKeX6ERfWa&ops=368_207

I haven't heard of that band, but that's no age to pass away at. RIP

That ABBA has a new album coming out in November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_(ABBA_album)

I can remember several years back that somebody offered them a billion dollars to reunite and play, and ABBA turned it down. I also remember thinking "man they must really hate each other" but I think it's more to do with the fact that all of them are very wealthy and have no need of the money. But admittedly, this was a band I didn't follow much to be honest.

Also: I never made the connection that Frida ("I know there's something going on") was in ABBA.

So yeah.....I learned a lot.

Noel Gallagher would happily be a part of an Oasis reunion featuring a hologram of his brother Liam.

Noel Gallagher Says He’d Perform Alongside Liam Hologram (ultimateclassicrock.com)

Incredibly, or perhaps predictably, I'm not at all surprised.

Also: I never made the connection that Frida ("I know there's something going on") was in ABBA.

That's a great song...one I haven't thought of in a long time. Just added it to my Amazon playlists.
  • Like 3

I was listening to Sirius XM 80s on 8 and their Big 40 countdown like I do every week. This week was focused on the top 40 of mid October in 1989 and Alan Hunter (Yes, former VJ Alan) had mentioned that Healing Hands by Sir Elton was his first number one in the UK. Can't believe he never had a number one in the UK in his 70s heyday. Healing Hands reached 13 in the US. It was released as a double A side to his follow up, Sacrifice, when both underperformed in the UK and went to number one there in June of 90. Club At The End Of The Street had already been released in the states.