Jump to content


2020-2021 College basketball thread


  • Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#221 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:32 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 08:30 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 08:28 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 08:14 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 08:09 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 08:02 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 06:30 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

Houston looking outmatched.
I have the feeling this might not be the most exciting final four Saturday ever.   I haven't seen anything this lopsided in the final four since MSU- Penn in 1979.
Yeah.  UCLA can't run with Zags, and Gonzaga won't go on a cold streak from 10 feet.
I stand corrected.
Still a lot of time left.  If Gonzaga plays well and UCLA plays poorly, the Zags could still take it.

IMO, of course.
^^^ Another example of metrics ruining sports talk.
UCLA just wants it more.  And the Says have come out flat.

Prove me wrong.
You're overlooking the iintangibles.  While UCLA is loaded with moxie, Gonzaga are real go-getters.
UCLA showing some real grit here in the face of Gonzaga's poise.
But what about the chutzpah?
I think they're saving it for the second half.
Smart, as it'll come down to who has gas in the tank.


Or free throws.
Yep.

And depth.   It's hard to leave it all on the floor for a full 40 minutes.

Sponsored Post

#222 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.

#223 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:32 PM

So far, UCLa wants it a little bit more.  But that could all change on the next possession.

#224 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:44 PM

It's going down to the wire!

#225 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4999 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:53 PM

And we're going to OT!

#226 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:54 PM

5 minutes of free basketball.

This is why you do those extra pushups in October.

#227 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

#228 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

What a finish!

#229 The Analog Cub

The Analog Cub

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 11156 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere, but not here
  • Interests:Video games, baseball, and thrashing around on a guitar

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

Holy SHIT

#230 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:13 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

So now it's you, Maverick, and labt in a threesome. Nice. All pointing out what kind of people you are, at least as long as you're behind the keyboard. Stay classy.

#231 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

Good win for Gonzaga, but a pyrrhic one as NCAA President Mark Emmett has ruled the win will be forfeited due to Matt Shea representing Spokane in the Washington statehouse.

Still, an all time great game, and a huge scare for the Zags, as UCLA shot well above their season average.  It will likely go down as one of the top 10, and probably top 5 final four games ever.  A fun game to watch!

#232 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:18 PM

View PostThe Analog Cub, on 03 April 2021 - 10:11 PM, said:

Holy SHIT

Suggs is from this area, and seems to be a great kid.  Glad to see him come through in the clutch with not only great athleticism, but incredibly quick thinking to race the ball up the court immediately after a crushing occurrence.

#233 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 36475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:20 PM

Crazy.  After the horrible Baylor-Houston game, it was good to get a classic Final 4 game.

But talking about Duke-Kentucky reminds me of how old I am.  Almost 30 years ago.  Yikes.

#234 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:22 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

So now it's you, Maverick, and labt in a threesome. Nice. All pointing out what kind of people you are, at least as long as you're behind the keyboard. Stay classy.
Read your own post, dumbfuck.

Edited by goose, 03 April 2021 - 10:22 PM.


#235 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:38 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

So now it's you, Maverick, and labt in a threesome. Nice. All pointing out what kind of people you are, at least as long as you're behind the keyboard. Stay classy.
Read your own post, dumbfuck.

What in my post is wrong, remembering that there is some opinion there?

Also, you're generally not much of an emotional type poster. Are you pulling a DPR and hitting the sauce which loosens things up and brings out the real you?

Edited by Fordgalaxy, 03 April 2021 - 10:40 PM.


#236 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7445 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:54 PM

Sooooooooooooooooo, I live and breathe Zags hoops and that was fukking AMAZING! And while I am extremely happy, as someone who played at the low college level (NAIA) and understands the game completely, I have little doubt that if Gonzaga doesn't play defense at a level well beyond what they played tonight, they will not win Monday.
I sincerely hope they do.

#237 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:00 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 03 April 2021 - 10:54 PM, said:

Sooooooooooooooooo, I live and breathe Zags hoops and that was fukking AMAZING! And while I am extremely happy, as someone who played at the low college level (NAIA) and understands the game completely, I have little doubt that if Gonzaga doesn't play defense at a level well beyond what they played tonight, they will not win Monday.
I sincerely hope they do.

Yep. Baylor is a much better team than UCLA and even if Gonzaga plays well, they're going to have their hands full, imo.

#238 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 81875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:19 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:38 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

So now it's you, Maverick, and labt in a threesome. Nice. All pointing out what kind of people you are, at least as long as you're behind the keyboard. Stay classy.
Read your own post, dumbfuck.

What in my post is wrong...?
An idiotic use of broad-brush generalizations.

#239 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Oracle

  • Members *
  • 14924 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:50 PM

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 11:19 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:38 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 April 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 03 April 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 03 April 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

However bad the second game is it won't be as bad as the between game "entertainment".
wtf was that?

As it was going on my buddy and me were discussing acreage in eastern WA/northern ID.  40 acres for under $50k.

Would you want to live in Idaho? It's the Alabama of the NW. Eastern WA is where the white supremacists elected a fellow racist, Matt Shea, to state rep, and re-elected him multiple times. Your moderate views would be looked upon as far left by those bigots.
We all know you're stupid.  No need to brag

So now it's you, Maverick, and labt in a threesome. Nice. All pointing out what kind of people you are, at least as long as you're behind the keyboard. Stay classy.
Read your own post, dumbfuck.

What in my post is wrong...?
An idiotic use of broad-brush generalizations.

Are you familiar with the things the state legislature in Idaho is doing? Did you not see the picture or video of the parents and their children burning their masks at the capital? As for eastern Washington, I suppose Shea could have been initially elected and the voters weren't aware of his stance on minorities (not likely, but possible), but he was re-elected 4 times and there's almost zero chance his views were still a secret.

#240 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 04 April 2021 - 12:11 AM

Since this is actually a thread about college basketball, let's watch the last few seconds of an amazing game.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users