Texas high school football player decides that football isn't for him.

Principled Man

I saw that a little bit ago and he should face assault charges, imo. Pretty sad but from what I've read, it's not the first time he's issues on the field. Maybe Ndamukong Suh can mentor him. ;-)

He shouldn't call Orlando Brown for advice. Brown had just cause for decking Jeff Triplett. :o ;)

(And Brown is also deceased, so....)

Edited by Principled Man

I saw that a little bit ago and he should face assault charges, imo. Pretty sad but from what I've read, it's not the first time he's issues on the field. Maybe Ndamukong Suh can mentor him. ;-)

Yup, the crybaby should totally face assault charges. Imagine if you did that at the office to one of your bosses.

• Like 2

Somehow I don't think this will be the last time this kid resorts to violence.

Reminds me of a time when there was an ugly incident when my son was playing hockey. He and his team were 13 at the time and the Travel A team was playing the Travel B team from the same association. So basically the Travel B team had all the kids that didn't make the Travel A team. So yeah, there's already some underlying bad blood there. Anyway there was a scuffle and a typical hockey wrestle late in the game between the largest kid on the ice and a much smaller player. The largest kid was about 6'3" and 230, so big kid. Not a mean kid, but you didn't want to screw with him. Anyway they scuffled on the ice and the big kid pinned the smaller kid. The refs separated them. As the big kid turned his back, the smaller kid did a full windup tomahawk with his stick across the big kid's back. The big kid turned but it didn't hurt him because of padding. Refs separated them before it went further.

Alot of ugly words from the parents. Last hockey game for the smaller kid in the association. Probably not a good idea for that kind of game matchup.

My kid was a goalie and actually got into his own hockey fight a few years later. Refs started taking over the game in favor of the other team and put 4 guys in the penalty box for my kids team in about 2 minutes. One of their players crashed into my kid in the goal net and my kid took it to him. Nothing like getting ass kicked by a goalie.

• Like 1

Yup, the crybaby should totally face assault charges. Imagine if you did that at the office to one of your bosses.

Or hell, something much more comparable - imagine if he did this in class to the teacher after that teacher told him to go to the vice principal’s office? Throw the book at the punk. I wouldn’t accept any probable, forthcoming weak ass apology consisting of “I know what I did was wrong. I let my teammates, my school, my family, and myself down. Bla bla bla...”

He's facing criminal charges now, and apparently spend part of yesterday in jail. Maybe that was enough to remind him he won't always be the biggest or the meanest one around.

Dumbass.

Nice. It’s a good start.

Hope the charges stick.

Ditto. Reprehensible.

He's facing criminal charges now, and apparently spend part of yesterday in jail. Maybe that was enough to remind him he won't always be the biggest or the meanest one around.

Dumbass.

We should note that he's just a kid. He screwed up big time, and he obviously has anger management issues, but he still has the opportunity to straighten himself out and become a good man. Many young people do learn from their mistakes.

• Like 4

Dumbass.

We should note that he's just a kid. He screwed up big time, and he obviously has anger management issues, but he still has the opportunity to straighten himself out and become a good man. Many young people do learn from their mistakes.

From the looks of it, he's good enough to play at the college level so hopefully he'll have to go to anger management classes and they'll help him. Then again, this could be 'roid rage too. He's a big guy.

Dumbass.

Nice. It’s a good start.

Hope the charges stick.

He's 18, so he's in deep trouble.
  • Like 1

The team has been disqualified from the playoffs.

That's too bad for his teammates. Not sure that makes sense to me.

If the kid has had a history of punk behavior on the field, then I can see punishing the team for not putting a stop to it. .

If it's the kid's first offense, then the team should definitely not be disqualified.

• Like 1

Dumbass.

Dumbass.

That’s all true. But he’s also an 18 year old kid that needs consequences for that assault. Maybe the consequences are exactly how he can learn from this huge mistake. Again, what happens if you tackle a high school teacher in class? This is what he does due to a call against him at a stupid football game?!!

((I like football plenty btw))

• Like 3

Dumbass.

Dumbass.

That’s all true. But he’s also an 18 year old kid that needs consequences for that assault. Maybe the consequences are exactly how he can learn from this huge mistake. Again, what happens if you tackle a high school teacher in class? This is what he does due to a call against him at a stupid football game?!!

((I like football plenty btw))

I'm not trying to suggest that redemption and forgiveness are beyond this player, but it was an emphatically stupid thing to do at any age. He charged that ref from like thirty yards away, and it only takes a split-second to realize "hey, hold on a tick; this might have consequences beyond immediate gratification."

Prison is probably not right, surely some kind of probation/community service?

• Like 1

I'm not trying to suggest that redemption and forgiveness are beyond this player, but it was an emphatically stupid thing to do at any age. He charged that ref from like thirty yards away, and it only takes a split-second to realize "hey, hold on a tick; this might have consequences beyond immediate gratification."

Prison is probably not right, surely some kind of probation/community service?

I agree. A jail cell is too much. He's already getting plenty of public shaming, which may be worse than jail.

Dumbass.

Agree, and charges should be part of that process. He won't learn a damned thing if they're dropped or he only gets a light slap on the wrist cuz he's only 18.

Edited by driventotheedge