RIP soccer legend Diego Maradona, 60

laughedatbytime

The greatest I've seen, by a mile. Outrageous skill and arrogance and the streak of mean that puts him above all the others.

Also, @labt - that's the death of Diego and Eddie that I heard from you. Favourite footballer and musical God. Who's next? My most handsome cat? My occasionally goodnatured wife??

One of the greatest footballers I've ever seen. It was a joy to see him play England.Incredible. RIP :rose:

His second goal should not erase the memory of his first. I would not have wanted to win the game that way.

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He was an amazing, and awesome soccer player. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Diego. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

One of the greatest footballers I've ever seen. It was a joy to see him play England.Incredible. RIP :rose:

His second goal should not erase the memory of his first. I would not have wanted to win the game that way.

Oh Robert, you`re such a purist :angel:

The greatest I've seen, by a mile. Outrageous skill and arrogance and the streak of mean that puts him above all the others.

Also, @labt - that's the death of Diego and Eddie that I heard from you. Favourite footballer and musical God. Who's next? My most handsome cat? My occasionally goodnatured wife??

Sorry about that, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. :(

• Like 2

You'd be joining me had that been Beardsley. :P

Then why are you looking at obituaries on hourly basis? ;)
  • Like 1

You'd be joining me had that been Beardsley. :P

Everyone in England complains that we always go out on penalties. We go out to a handball and that`s wrong... :joker:

What else would I be doing at my age?

What else would I be doing at my age?

When you, of all people, start posting soccer-related topics, maybe we should worry about you. :unsure:

He could score with his head, his foot, and err...... his hand!!

Historic goal. :)

He was a real personality in his heyday. :rose:

There was certainly never a dull moment when Maradona was about!!!

Napoli is already changing the name of their stadium to "you know who."

I saw on the news there at lunchtime that his body is lying in state in the presidential palace in Buenos Aires and that Argentina are holding 3 days of national mourning!!

Look, I know he was a great footballer, but there an awful lot of stuff he was involved in following his playing career which was, to say the least, very unsavoury.

To make him out as an all round great human being is a bit rich in my view.

• Like 2

Maradona's lawyer, Matias Morla, is calling for an investigation after insisting that some of the nine ambulances that showed up at the soccer player's residence were half an hour late. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Napoli is already changing the name of their stadium to "you know who."

I saw on the news there at lunchtime that his body is lying in state in the presidential palace in Buenos Aires and that Argentina are holding 3 days of national mourning!!

Look, I know he was a great footballer, but there an awful lot of stuff he was involved in following his playing career which was, to say the least, very unsavoury.

To make him out as an all round great human being is a bit rich in my view.

Now, I must say - your fellow countryman Mr Best. Do you think Diego did anything worse/better than Georgie Boy? Personally, I can`t think of many people who are famous in their field, whether it`s music or sport or acting or literature, that would love the spotlight that Diego had since he was a teenager and forevermore, all their behaviours revealed. His lifestyle was inevitable - it would be hard to say no coke, no women, no more money, when you`ve left a slum and are abroad and treated like a God...

I can totally see why Argentinian`s love him - the context of the internal Dirty War of the 70s and the Falklands in the 80s left the country shattered and Diego showed everything that his country loves about its heroes - we will beat you with skill, and we will beat you with cheating. I know it`s not very correct of me, but I love my heroes who are right on the edge and often toppled over.

• Like 1