The "Bringing Earl Back To Reality Poll" Part 2 - Charlie Watts vs Tommy Lee

treeduck

The Bringing Earl Back to Reality Poll - Part 2  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better drummer Charlie Watts or Tommy Lee from Motley Crue

• Charlie Watts - Rolling Stones legend
    • Tommy Lee - Motley Crue drummer

Charlie Watts.

Although Tommy Lee is very good on Dr Feelgood.

I love it Cat!!

Pat and many others on here HATE "Dr. Feelgood."

I think the album is a pristine polished masterpiece!

Imagine Charlie Watts trying to play "LIVE WIRE!" LOL!

You guys can have your old boring drummers.

Legends indeed.

Pat! You love BLACK METAL. A genre that is complete CRAP and the opposite of anything Watts can do.

I will take Watts over any f***ing BLACK METAL drummer EVER!!!

Yeah I'm fuckking NUTS!

Let's go!!!

Let's talk about music all night long.

I'm not special and I don't know it all like you Pat but I'm ready for a fuckking Music Fight.

I don't need to use my fists and be violent like you have suggested in the past.

Mentally?

I'm ready to dig in and debate.

Ummm it's Thanksgiving over here so let me know when and where you want to strap in and talk about rock and roll.

I've seen the Rolling Stones three times Pat. You love them. They are from your Pond.

How many times have you seen them??????

Have you ever seen Rush live?

It's good to see that this poll is working so well.

Lol

• Like 2

Their approaches to drumming are similar to how they react to getting rid of an annoying fly in the house...

Charlie...casually gets up from his chair and walks across the room over to the back door. Raising one eyebrow, he listens carefully for the fly. It reluctantly approaches him. Charlie opens the back door as it flies away outside without a fuss.

Tommy...angrily gets up from his liquor stained leather sofa and leans over the coffee table to snort some coke leftovers. From there he stumbles to a closet and pulls out a baseball bat. He begins smashing everything within a ten foot radius of the fly. The two make their way over to the living room window which Tommy violently leaves in shards. The fly exits with the room left in disarray. He screams a “f**k you” towards the insect which is already long gone. Tommy exhales then makes his way over to the coffee table to do another line. He sinks back into his liquor stained sofa as the fly re-enters via the broken living room window.

Too funny! :LOL:

• Like 3

Charlie Watts.

I love it Cat!!

Legends indeed.

Pat! You love BLACK METAL. A genre that is complete CRAP and the opposite of anything Watts can do.

Yeah I'm fuckking NUTS!

Let's go!!!

I'm not special and I don't know it all like you Pat but I'm ready for a fuckking Music Fight.

I don't need to use my fists and be violent like you have suggested in the past.

Mentally?

Ummm it's Thanksgiving over here so let me know when and where you want to strap in and talk about rock and roll.

I've seen the Rolling Stones three times Pat. You love them. They are from your Pond.

Earl Tommy is getting WHUPPED in the poll, as he should be!

You people are so fuckking wrong about Tommy Lee.

Do you idiots read books?

Tommy Lee was brought up with great parenting!!!!

He had a real family!!

He was a good kid.

You all judge him for his antics and drug and booze addiction when he became a rock star.

So Pat. What about Richards?

Your fuckking so called Guitar Zero.

Addicted to drugs and booze too. Like your overrated Hero Jimmy Page. Jeff Beck runs circles around Page.

Why do you call him KEEF? Is that some Limey reference?

I don't get it.

KEEP needs two blood transfusions to stay alive per year. What a winner.

The Rolling Stones have more bad albums than good ones.

MOTLEY FOOL!! YEP! THAT'S ME!!!

I LOVE IT!

You should have compared TOMMY LEE to JOHN BONHAM and LEONARD HAZE!!!! FOOL!

I'm RED HOT PAT!

You probably think any Rolling Stones song is better than that one.

MOTLEY CRUE BLOWS THE ROLLING WHEELCHAIR BONES AWAY!

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

• Like 1

Charlie Watts.

I love it Cat!!

Legends indeed.

Yeah I'm fuckking NUTS!

Let's go!!!

Mentally?

:16ton:

Earl my first concert was RUSH in 1983, Birmingham NEC. Unfortunately RUSH didn't come to Europe as often as they did to California so we're not all as lucky as you. ;)

Edited by treeduck

Charlie Watts.

I love it Cat!!

Legends indeed.

Yeah I'm fuckking NUTS!

Let's go!!!

Mentally?

Earl my first concert was RUSH in 1983, Birmingham NEC. Unfortunately RUSH didn't come to Europe as often as they did to California so we're not all as lucky as you. ;)

I know! I was fuckking with you Pat. Ironically RUSH skipped the Bay Area on the "Signals" Tour. I was so pissed. Had to wait for "Grace."

Yes! I was very lucky Pat.

• Like 1

Their approaches to drumming are similar to how they react to getting rid of an annoying fly in the house...

Charlie...casually gets up from his chair and walks across the room over to the back door. Raising one eyebrow, he listens carefully for the fly. It reluctantly approaches him. Charlie opens the back door as it flies away outside without a fuss.

Tommy...angrily gets up from his liquor stained leather sofa and leans over the coffee table to snort some coke leftovers. From there he stumbles to a closet and pulls out a baseball bat. He begins smashing everything within a ten foot radius of the fly. The two make their way over to the living room window which Tommy violently leaves in shards. The fly exits with the room left in disarray. He screams a “f**k you” towards the insect which is already long gone. Tommy exhales then makes his way over to the coffee table to do another line. He sinks back into his liquor stained sofa as the fly re-enters via the broken living room window.

Isn't it true that Steven Tyler walked into a bar in LA and saw Tommy Lee in there getting shitfaced drunk wearing all of his make up? Hence Steven thought about the song title "Dude Looks Like A Lady."

You people are so fuckking wrong about Tommy Lee.

Do you idiots read books?

Tommy Lee was brought up with great parenting!!!!

He had a real family!!

He was a good kid.

You all judge him for his antics and drug and booze addiction when he became a rock star.

His good upbringing as a child didn't seem to stop him from snorting coke and ants. Yes, ants (as noted by Ozzy in an old documentary).

If I do dumb shit as an adult, having nice parents growing up doesn't mean I didn't do that dumb shit as an adult.

That's true.

Charlie Watts.

I love it Cat!!

Legends indeed.

Yeah I'm fuckking NUTS!

Let's go!!!

Mentally?

I know! I was fuckking with you Pat. Ironically RUSH skipped the Bay Area on the "Signals" Tour. I was so pissed. Had to wait for "Grace."

Yes! I was very lucky Pat.

That Signals tour was great too! I was shocked when I saw Alex doing vocals on the 2112 Overture, the ahhhhh bit. And that was just one WOW moment. The first one was OMG these guys really exist like real people, they're moving, they're actually occupying the same space as me!

Earl, KEEF maybe a little bit worse for wear these days, but he's the same age as Biden, about 77 years old. And in saying all that he's still healthier than Mick Mars!

Hahaha! That's actually very true!

Mick looked 77 back in 1977!

• Like 1

Isn't it true that Steven Tyler walked into a bar in LA and saw Tommy Lee in there getting shitfaced drunk wearing all of his make up? Hence Steven thought about the song title "Dude Looks Like A Lady."

On a side note, I can’t think of one song after the Draw the Line album that I liked from Aerosmith. That’s over 40 years of shit! :LOL:

On a side note, I can’t think of one song after the Draw the Line album that I liked from Aerosmith. That’s over 40 years of shit! :LOL:

Coincidentally Aerosmith are basically a Rolling Stones rip-off band. Tyler basically copied Jagger and Perry copied Richards. They even copied the nicknames for themselves, the Toxic Twins, copying Mick and Keith's Glimmer Twins moniker.

• Like 1

Close. The song title refers to Vince Neil.

• Like 1

1606541594[/url'>' post='4861271']
1606538861' post='4861250']
1606416931[/url'>' post='4860639']
1606258089' post='4859984']

I can understand not liking their mid-80s and forward material, although I like Permanent Vacation and Pump myself. Night in the Ruts, Rock in a Hard Place, and Done With Mirrors all have the classic Aerosmith feel to them. Rock in a Hard Place, in particular, is an underappreciated gem IMO. I love it.

• Like 2

Nowadays it would be "Dude Looks Like A Layby"

• Like 2

Oh wow Rick!!!! I always thought it was Tommy!!!! Makes sense!!!

Steven could have written that song after looking that the cover of the first POISON record.

Personally I LOVE THAT RECORD!!!!!!!!

"YOU HEARD YOUR MOTHER!! TURN THAT SHIT OFF!!!!"

"Look What The Cat Dragged In" is a perfect Hair Metal Gem!!!

• Like 1

I can understand not liking their mid-80s and forward material, although I like Permanent Vacation and Pump myself. Night in the Ruts, Rock in a Hard Place, and Done With Mirrors all have the classic Aerosmith feel to them. Rock in a Hard Place, in particular, is an underappreciated gem IMO. I love it.

Wait! I agree Rick!!!

I thought Aerosmith were done. But then "Done With Mirrors" came out and I LOVED IT!! Great album cover too!!!!!

Then yes!!! I liked everything up to "GET A GRIP."

Then it was over for me, yet of course being a Rock And Roll Whore I still bought all their stuff!!! Japanese of course! LOL!

• Like 1

Wait! I agree Rick!!!

I thought Aerosmith were done. But then "Done With Mirrors" came out and I LOVED IT!! Great album cover too!!!!!

Then it was over for me, yet of course being a Rock And Roll Whore I still bought all their stuff!!! Japanese of course! LOL!

You'd probably buy Steven Tyler's old underpants if you saw them on sale!

• Like 1

Wait! I agree Rick!!!

He’d use it as a scarf. The crustier the better!

• Like 1

Wait! I agree Rick!!!

Hahaha! I have a Speedo Leppard Print USED!!! 1989!! I wear them on my head to bed every night. Never been washed Baby!!!!! I sleep naked with them on my head!

• Like 1

Wait! I agree Rick!!!

He’d use it as a scarf. The crustier the better!

I love crust! Just not when it comes to pizza!!! LOL!

• Like 1