The Peanuts gang will be on TV for the Holidays! YAY!!

Principled Man

Today, Apple announced that it had teamed up with PBS for ad-free broadcasts of "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (on Nov. 22) and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (on Dec. 13).

Both specials will also be available for free during three-day windows on Apple TV+ (Nov. 25-27 for "Thanksgiving" and Dec. 11-13 for "Christmas"). For subscribers, the specials will be available beginning Nov. 18 and Dec. 4, respectively.

Pay attention, people. Public outcry DOES make a difference!! :haz:

http://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/charlie_brown_thanksgiving.jpg

• Like 6

Public outcry?

Apple received a huge number of complaints regarding their taking over the Peanuts cartoons and putting them on Apple TV+.

• Like 2

Peppermint Patty is a real bitch in that one! :LOL:

Might be my favorite of all the CB specials.

Cinema Snob would agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKoWBmEIK04

Thankfully, I can get local channels with the Locast app even with cord cutting. It's better than paying 50 bucks a month for Youtube TV. I used Locast for the recent Oscars.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Of course I watched every year with my sis and parents growing up. I watched them for many years with my wife and son. I'm going to get it for saying this but Charlie Brown is such a damn mope all the time. The only thing really good about any of them is Snoopy and Woodstock. Do you think Charles Shultz had depression issues? It sure came out in his stories...
  • Like 1

Of course I watched every year with my sis and parents growing up. I watched them for many years with my wife and son. I'm going to get it for saying this but Charlie Brown is such a damn mope all the time. The only thing really good about any of them is Snoopy and Woodstock. Do you think Charles Shultz had depression issues? It sure came out in his stories...

Charlie Brown’s an innocent, lovable loser with anxiety issues. That makes for good storytelling and set ups for gags and story arcs.

People would’ve lost interest quickly (or maybe wouldn’t have developed any interest) if he had been a confident winner who always kicks the ball which Lucy’s holding. If that kind of Charlie Brown were placed in the Thanksgiving episode he would’ve stopped Peppermint Patty right off the bat by saying, “Listen, bitch. You’re not inviting yourself over here. I’m going to my grandmother’s house for dinner anyway.” The End. :LOL: Realistic. And boring. :LOL:

• Like 1