Disliked Bands That You Wished Only Released 1-5 Studio Albums

stoopid

Boston could have stopped after the debut. yea i can call them disliked cause they continued after hat great first one.

Mick

Wait, Boston didn't stop after the debut?

lol

nope.......sadly. kept producing carbon copies. and when you copy the same thing over and over it devalues you, lol

Mick

• Like 1

How about liked bands that should have quit while they were ahead?

U2

I’d agree with that in regards to U2. Where do you think they should’ve quit?

Bono's dad should have quit before conception.
  • Like 2

U2

If they wanted to go out as legends? The Joshua Tree. If they wanted to go out with their best possible discography Zooropa or Pop (they're really interchangeable to my ears, both interesting and overall good quality), if they wanted to keep a couple gems from their most recent period, ATYCLB, mainly for Beautiful Day. At any rate they haven't done anything remarkable in over 20 years. Worse than that, they've been consistently unremarkable for 20 years and have been able to play off each new album like an important addition to their "legendary" catalogue.

• Like 3

U2

Bono's dad should have quit before conception.

Abort mission and pull out, eh?

:LMAO: I think as Rush would put it, The Rhythm Method!
  • Like 2

Asia should have stopped after one.

Do you remember buying the second album Alpha? It should have been called Beta shouldn't it?

A crushing disappointment. Whilst the first album wasn't exactly earth shattering, just decent AOR, the second was pure crud.
  • Like 1

U2

If they wanted to go out as legends? The Joshua Tree. If they wanted to go out with their best possible discography Zooropa or Pop (they're really interchangeable to my ears, both interesting and overall good quality), if they wanted to keep a couple gems from their most recent period, ATYCLB, mainly for Beautiful Day. At any rate they haven't done anything remarkable in over 20 years. Worse than that, they've been consistently unremarkable for 20 years and have been able to play off each new album like an important addition to their "legendary" catalogue.

The operative word is “you”. Where do YOU think? :P

But I guess I have your answer.

Personally, the first time I heard “Lemon” I thought it was so shitty it made me laugh hysterically. Nearly 30 years later, one of my bros still remembers that and will occasionally bust out with his Bono imitation of that song :LOL: That certainly was the breaking point for me. THE divide.

Achtung Baby is okay but I think I could’ve done without it. Sooooo, I think I would’ve been alright with them ending in the 80s on Rattle & Hum. U2 gets a lot of shit on TRF and it’s understandable but for me, I can appreciate those six albums in the 80s.

• Like 2

Pink Floyd

One was enough and too many.

:goodone: They have never really done much for me.

They're about as prog as a bunch of old dad rockers wearing black wigs and tight pants to look "trendy".

I guess you had to be there.

Trendy ? Maybe after DSOTM but no fault of their own.

50616922297_b63f6d082e_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 4