NHL Reverse Retro jerseys....what's your favorite?

laughedatbytime

The Blues jersey is horrible and gives me eyestrain. I hate to say it, but the Blackhawks one is great, and so is the Canadiens. I kinda like the NJ, too, and the Whalers and Nordiques for sentimental reasons.

Have you seen the Hawks play in those jerseys? They look like skeletons on ice. :facepalm: I can see why you don't like yours, too. Terrible choice in colors. :coy:
  • Like 1

The Washington Capitals is weird because it is red, white, and blue, but has the eagle logo like when their uniforms were that strange blue and copper. I don't know that that logo ever appeared with that color scheme. It may have if they switched back to red white and blue, but had not changed back to the classic Capitals logo.

I do like that Ducks jersey.

The correct answer, of course, is the Caroline Hurricanes' jerseys.

I guess I'm as slow as the Patriots receiving corps but I never saw the H in that design before today.

• Like 1

I guess I'm as slow as the Patriots receiving corps but I never saw the H in that design before today.

Get back to me when the Dolphins win a playoff game. In the 21st century.

These next ten years are gonna be fun!

Don't really care for the Red Wings jersey. Grey should not replace red. Too bland...which I guess goes along with their performances in recent years.

Wouldn't the Predators ' puke gold be more apropos of current Red Wings teams?

I'm pretty sure you've made that same statement sometime within the last 10 years. Have they been?

I've seen, and remember the N.H.L. Reverse Retro Jerseys the N.H.L. teams, and players had used, and played in before. With some of them, I think they aren't bad. It could be a money marketing scheme. Edited by Derek19

I'm pretty sure you've made that same statement sometime within the last 10 years. Have they been?

As there has been no real reason to be confident in the Dolphins front office for most of the past ten years I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Definitely Colorado and Carolina. All the others are meh.

So what explains our fascination with the defunct versions of these franchises? Is it just nostalgia? Surely from a design standpoint, they're not that much better than some of the others. Would we think a California Golden Seals sweater was just as cool? Cleveland Barons? Montreal Maroons?

• Like 1

As there has been no real reason to be confident in the Dolphins front office for most of the past ten years I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Not you too. Is it "the same" part? So if you used words to that effect you'll be right? ;)

Definitely Colorado and Carolina. All the others are meh.

So what explains our fascination with the defunct versions of these franchises? Is it just nostalgia? Surely from a design standpoint, they're not that much better

Actually, I think they are. They are relatively simple, pre-Marvel/Disney designs, yet have something unique to offer compared to other classic logos. But yes, nostalgia certainly factors in.
  • Like 2