New album 'From Here' by N.M.A. - best band you've never heard!!!!

condemned2bfree

I really don't understand why New Model Army are so ignored on this place. The good ole Fridge reveres them. And why wouldn't he? N.M.A. pull no punches. No bollocks with these fellows. Maybe that's why they're so derided. I dunno, don't get it. They are probably my favourite band. I honestly think Neil would have appreciated them. Remind me of Rush, that's why I don't get why they're not liked more. Amazing lyrics with heartfelt music, melody and emotion. There's no one like them. Everyone one else are just too disingenuous.

They have a new album out 'From Here'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRqWEXI7ck&ab_channel=NewModelArmy-Topic

Love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56MogICMUw&list=PLprjJ3QSla0j6mbwBVFpltbSlyIqO4ygj&index=4&ab_channel=NewModelArmy-Topic

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

Beyond knowing their name, I can't say I know anything from them. Did they ever make a dent here in the US? Perhaps people not being aware of the band's existence has more to do with why nobody talks about them rather than people not liking that they pull no punches.

I remember them from all the way back to the mid '80s. They never really did it for me I'm afraid.

My first "proper" girlfriend, if you know what I mean, listened to them and The Levellers... I think I conflated them somehow over the years, but they`re nothing alike at all. Must be their English History inspired names :blink:
  • Like 2

I remember them from all the way back to the mid '80s. They never really did it for me I'm afraid.

My first "proper" girlfriend, if you know what I mean, listened to them and The Levellers... I think I conflated them somehow over the years, but they`re nothing alike at all. Must be their English History inspired names :blink:

Yeah it was N.M.A. and the Levellers at one time. The Levellers were nothing like New Model Army at all, if you really got in to both. One great album from the Levellers. Many from NMA.

• Like 2

Amazing band and I've always loved them...Sullivans lyrics often make Neils seem like kindergarten.

Sullivan's lyrics resonate with me, certainly. They're both in my top 3 lyricists.

There are lots of songs done by both bands, where I think N.M.A. slay later day Rush, with similar subject matter.

Edited by condemned2bfree

The video for the second song is not available. Which means it's the clear winner. Even if Sammy Hagar is the lyricist.