RIP Packers great Paul Hornung

driventotheedge

One of only 7 men to win the Heisman trophy and an NFL MVP. 84 yeras old.

I was a big Packers fan as a kid growing up watching that 60s dynasty with he, Starr, Taylor, Nitschke, Addderly, Wood, et. al. I remember well he had a huge game vs. the Browns in the '65 championship game which was the first of 3 straight years the Pack were NFL champs, a feat that's never been accomplished by any other franchise, before or since.

Golden Boy, #5, run to daylight!

Edited by driventotheedge

If he and Bobby Layne get together in the afterlife to reminisce, after they finished, you really would be able to say "in heaven there is no beer", they'd be all out. Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

RIP, Paul. From a long suffering Lions fan.

Howcum da fuq they retire Favre's number and not Hornung's? Smh.

Saw a guy on the Pack wearing #31 the other day (Jim Taylor's number for those of you that don't know) and was surprised as well.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Paul.

I was a big Packers fan as a kid growing up watching that 60s dynasty with he, Starr, Taylor, Nitschke, Addderly, Wood, et. al. I remember well he had a huge game vs. the Browns in the '65 championship game which was the first of 3 straight years the Pack were NFL champs, a feat that's never been accomplished by any other franchise, before or since.

Herb just died not too long ago. :rose:

• Like 1

Herb just died not too long ago. :rose:

Yep. Most of those guys from that Packers' dynasty are gone now. Jerry Kramer still hanging in there. Dave Robinson and Marv Fleming too but that's about it after a quick google search.