Ticketmaster will check your COVID status

custom55

I'm old enough that I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Getting back to live music and sports events safely? 1000% behind that. Digital only ticketing with my retina scan or whatever and health history stored somewhere that Ticketbastard picks? Umm I'm not so quick to jump on that.

I have to think about this a bit. I would hate for a concert venue to end up more like an airport than it already is. I want everyone to support artists and be able to attend, however. Hopefully in 2021 covid numbers will drop low enough that it's not as much of an issue.

We've got a whole new wave. I don't see numbers dropping anytime soon. If this is the way back to concerts and I don't have to worry about catching Covid, I'm ok with it. Edited by Laurabw

Yeah, they'll add a fee for the test, and resell your ticket if you're positive but not refund any of what you paid, either the 50% of face value or the 50% from the other 12 fees.
  • Like 2

Whatever it takes. I need live music in my life and I need to be comfortable seeing a concert.

I gave up my Allman Brothers 50th Anniversary tickets at MSG on March 10th because of Covid. They shut down NYC four days later.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Yeah, they'll add a fee for the test, and resell your ticket if you're positive but not refund any of what you paid, either the 50% of face value or the 50% from the other 12 fees.

That is my concern also. I really want concerts to come back, but once Ticketmaster goes with totally digital personal ID ticketing they are not coming back. I think you are right, no giving tickets to a friend or family member, gifting them or switching them without some kind of expensive transfer fee.

Plus, what will Goose do for the Lee Lifeson project if he can't show up an hour early to buy a last minute ticket? ;) ;)

Edited by blueschica

That is my concern also. I really want concerts to come back, but once Ticketmaster goes with totally digital personal ID ticketing they are not coming back. I think you are right, no giving tickets to a friend or family member, gifting them or switching them without some kind of expensive transfer fee.

Plus, what will Goose do for the Lee Lifeson project if he can't show up an hour early to buy a last minute ticket? ;) ;)

:ebert:
  • Like 1

...and we're supposed to trust Ticketmaster with this information? f**k no, I'll stay home. They're selling this as 'hey everyone at the concert will be safe from covid', but in reality it's just Ticketmaster and the venues covering their asses. Now if the venue wants to shoot everyone with the thermal thermometer at the door, I'm ok with that because provides a level of anonymity. At the end of the day, this is providing protected health information and Ticketmaster is not a qualified health provider...so f**k off. Just sell me the overpriced ticket you Ticketmonkey website.

They're getting waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the game assuming Pfizer's vaccine is as affective as they say. With vaccine fast-tracking, they have no clue of the side affects or gotchas not found in trials. That's gonna be at least a year.

• Like 5

This is such a waste of time for so many people to get tested like this. Save those tests for those who really need to take them. The people who aren't feeling well or came into contact with someone who has it should be the only ones getting tested. If you've been healthy and safe during this then taking a test you don't need is just taking time away from medical personnel helping somebody who actually is sick.
  • Like 3

Sounds like an excuse to double the already extortionate 'service charge' .

With their unreasonable fees, I already feel like they're giving me a prostate check.

:LMAO:
  • Like 1

Ticketmaster is probably not qualified to store medical related information.

HIPPA compliance is a big deal, and COVID test result data sounds like medical information to me. So HIPPA applies. Would be pretty expensive for Ticketmaster to update their services in order to comply. Is the cost vs return worth it to them? (this is where they start charging us extra service fees, to pay for it all)

Not that I'd trust Ticketmaster with that information about myself anyway.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Here's how it's supposed to work. Basically a complicated process. Though Ticketmaster won't be responsible for storing test information themselves - they will still know customers COVID health STATUS.

I'll also pass on this. Too much trouble - too many places for this to break down. I don't trust this company with my credit card. Medical information - or anything that approaches that is a non-starter.

https://www.billboar...k-concerts-plan

Edited by grep
  • Like 1