Jump to content


Alex Trebek has died


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39555 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:32 PM

Baby.

Sponsored Post

#22 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 November 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

I remember the original man who did Jeopardy (in fact, I'm so old I remember when Jeopardy first came on the air), still ... it's sad to hear about Alex.  He did it for so long.
I vaguely remember Art Fleming.   I loved the clues that were worth $10.

Edited by laughedatbytime, 08 November 2020 - 11:34 PM.


#23 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:34 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 08 November 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

He's a great man.  I love the guy.

So quick story that made our paper years ago.

Alex and his wife were staying in a posh hotel in San Francisco.
They went out for dinner.
When they got back to the room the door was ajar.
There were two dudes walking fast down the hall.
They entered the room
His wife's jewelry was stolen.

Alex instantly sprinted down the hallway.  The two idiots were waiting for the elevator.
Alex tackled them both with force.
The cops came and arrested those scumbag pieces of shit.

Alex saved the day and his wife's jewelry.

He's a bad ass intellect.  He will be missed.

37 seasons.

Another Legend is gone.
Didn't he tear a muscle doing that?

#24 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 39555 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:17 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 November 2020 - 11:34 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 08 November 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

He's a great man.  I love the guy.

So quick story that made our paper years ago.

Alex and his wife were staying in a posh hotel in San Francisco.
They went out for dinner.
When they got back to the room the door was ajar.
There were two dudes walking fast down the hall.
They entered the room
His wife's jewelry was stolen.

Alex instantly sprinted down the hallway.  The two idiots were waiting for the elevator.
Alex tackled them both with force.
The cops came and arrested those scumbag pieces of shit.

Alex saved the day and his wife's jewelry.

He's a bad ass intellect.  He will be missed.

37 seasons.

Another Legend is gone.
Didn't he tear a muscle doing that?

That's a great question! I wish I knew!!!!  Alex was awesome.

#25 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:21 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 09 November 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 08 November 2020 - 11:34 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 08 November 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

He's a great man.  I love the guy.

So quick story that made our paper years ago.

Alex and his wife were staying in a posh hotel in San Francisco.
They went out for dinner.
When they got back to the room the door was ajar.
There were two dudes walking fast down the hall.
They entered the room
His wife's jewelry was stolen.

Alex instantly sprinted down the hallway.  The two idiots were waiting for the elevator.
Alex tackled them both with force.
The cops came and arrested those scumbag pieces of shit.

Alex saved the day and his wife's jewelry.

He's a bad ass intellect.  He will be missed.

37 seasons.

Another Legend is gone.
Didn't he tear a muscle doing that?

That's a great question! I wish I knew!!!!  Alex was awesome.

Here’s the story. Details are slightly different.

https://www.google.c...ed/1903839/?amp

#26 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7077 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:53 AM

View PostLorraine, on 08 November 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

I remember the original man who did Jeopardy (in fact, I'm so old I remember when Jeopardy first came on the air), still ... it's sad to hear about Alex.  He did it for so long.
I remember Art too Lorraine, rather well actually. The fact that we remember him points to one irrefutable truth, we fukking old!

RIP Alex. You will be greatly, greatly missed.

#27 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:03 AM



#28 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    I've got a link for that!

  • Members
  • 3875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:59 AM

Both Art Fleming and Alex Trebek passed on from pancreatic cancer.

#29 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 93140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:59 PM

Ken Jennings remembers Alex Trebek.

https://time.com/590...inkId=104017316

#30 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5754 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 November 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ken Jennings remembers Alex Trebek.

https://time.com/590...inkId=104017316

I think Ken would make a great successor.

#31 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7077 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostHemiBeers, on 09 November 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 November 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ken Jennings remembers Alex Trebek.

https://time.com/590...inkId=104017316

I think Ken would make a great successor.
Likewise

#32 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 35824 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:59 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 November 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:



Total class on the part of that contestant

#33 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 32865 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 10 November 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 09 November 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 09 November 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ken Jennings remembers Alex Trebek.

https://time.com/590...inkId=104017316

I think Ken would make a great successor.
Likewise

There's been a petition to get LeVar Burton to host.

#34 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 32865 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 07 August 2021 - 12:28 PM

https://consequence....-richards-bias/

Biggest downgarde since Corden taking over Craig Ferguson.  This one has disaster written all over it.  FU, Sony.

#35 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9805 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:48 AM

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.
  
Posted Image

Edited by Chicken hawk, 08 August 2021 - 07:51 AM.


#36 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 14310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 08 August 2021 - 08:05 AM

View PostChicken hawk, on 08 August 2021 - 07:48 AM, said:

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.

They chose some corporate schmuck executive who looks like a Ralph Reed Look-alike contest winner.   :facepalm:

#37 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    I've got a link for that!

  • Members
  • 3875 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 08 August 2021 - 09:12 AM

View PostChicken hawk, on 08 August 2021 - 07:48 AM, said:

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.

I was anticipating this Michael Richards (Kramer) instead.


Edited by RushFanForever, 08 August 2021 - 09:13 AM.


#38 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 32865 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:06 PM

View PostRushFanForever, on 08 August 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

View PostChicken hawk, on 08 August 2021 - 07:48 AM, said:

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.

I was anticipating this Michael Richards (Kramer) instead.



After that heckling incident years ago, that wouldn't be a good idea either.  Should have been Ken Jennings or Levar.

#39 Rhyta

Rhyta

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2414 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 09 August 2021 - 06:37 PM

This is not a done deal, Richards is back pedaling about the allegations of sex discrimination and it looks pretty sleazy to let him have a pass but get all worked up about some old tweets of Ken Jennings.  It also smells that it's him basically giving himself the job.  LeVar Burton should get it IMHO.

#40 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 98994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:13 PM

View PostRhyta, on 09 August 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

This is not a done deal, Richards is back pedaling about the allegations of sex discrimination and it looks pretty sleazy to let him have a pass but get all worked up about some old tweets of Ken Jennings.  It also smells that it's him basically giving himself the job.  LeVar Burton should get it IMHO.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users