Any good and free download sites?

Daggy

Basically becos i'm a lazy get and don't want to spend my hard earned free time in front of my pc - a guy at work would root out my requests for songs and download and burn them onto discs for me, kind of him isn't it? BUT! the site he used the most, Winamex i think it was called has been closed down by the Music Police or somebody equally as nasty. he tried Kaysar (?) but every download came complete with at least one virus and he called it quits. So my question is can any one recommend a decent and free (in both costs and virus') site for me - fanx! trink39.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 31 2005, 09:19 PM)
I don't download...but I have NO morals about music buying.

The way to do it properly is to find someone you know who has a CD and hit them up on AIM, or, my preferred way, getting CDs from the public library and copying them.

biggrin.gif same here

Purevolume Find 1000s of bands here, all free downloads put on this site by the Artists themselves. From mainstream to your local garage band.

Amazon Yes they do have free downloads.

Ampcast Dont expect alot here but there is free music.

Go to Record Companies websites. Epitaph, Burning Heart, Rushmore and tons more. Almost all offer free downloads. Also Fanscape magazine will offer free downloads from time to time.

Now you are most likely not going to be able to download entire albums or get exactly what you want but I now have 100s of music files from doing this. All legal too and I have found some bands that I really love now. I really recommend Pure Volume, one of the best sites online for free music. Also be sure to check out the new song by System Of A Down called Hypnotize on Pure Volume, love it!

Cheers friends! trink39.gif

Launchpad - love your reply, thanks!! Would question the sanity of those who clicked it though!!

Will pass the sites onto my my pc mad friend - keep em coming and fanx again!

Archived