Sir Thomas Sean Connery (1930-2020)

Principled Man

Wouldn't have wished death upon him but his hypocrisy about being a proud Scottish Nationalist always rankled with me seeing as he spent most of his time as a tax exile.

I think he`d have preferred it if someone other than HMRC collected his tax? Maybe an independent Scotland.

He did say he'd move back here if we voted for independence, unsure if that would've happened and we'll never know now.

Sad that he ended his days in such a frail condition but what a life he had, a massive personality and screen icon. He could even pull this look off...

zardoz-2.jpg

(well maybe not quite)

I watched this last night. What a time capsule! The movie is wild. So weird and so hard to understand. It took me 2 sittings to get through it.

I can’t imagine audiences from 1974 sitting through this movie. However I think it’s perfect for the Netflix generation. The visual effects are incredible actually.

And no question, there are many Rush-esque themes running through the film. I think the social commentary it offers is right on target. Don’t get me wrong though - it’s also boring as shit at times.

Gives new meaning to thumb wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dka54jH9po

That's the same tough guy from Over The Top with Sly! He just doesn't learn..... :laughing guy:

That opening of OTT was filmed where I grew up. The truck is even parked on the same street my mom grew up in and grandparents lived a few blocks south on the appropriately named College Ave.

Love it when he tests Garcia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t72NI1tG75Q

He was also really good in The Man Who Would Be King. Great movie with he and Michael Caine as adventurers in the 1800's.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
  • Like 1

Wouldn't have wished death upon him but his hypocrisy about being a proud Scottish Nationalist always rankled with me seeing as he spent most of his time as a tax exile.

I think he`d have preferred it if someone other than HMRC collected his tax? Maybe an independent Scotland.

Hmmmmmm.....the Jurys out on that one I think,

Probably.

I never got around to watching The Untouchables, simply because I find Brian de Palma films to be a really tough watch. Maybe I`ll make an exception some time soon.

I saw that 22 years ago in my 11th grade US History class. That and Body Double are his best. BD has one of the best twist endings ever. Just got it in some 5 for $20 offer from Sony Pictures on Vudu.

I never got around to watching The Untouchables, simply because I find Brian de Palma films to be a really tough watch. Maybe I`ll make an exception some time soon.

I saw that 22 years ago in my 11th grade US History class. That and Body Double are his best. BD has one of the best twist endings ever. Just got it in some 5 for $20 offer from Sony Pictures on Vudu.

I`m more tempted to watch early Bond all over again :popcorn:

He really is hit and miss. But the Untouchables is a blast.

His last decent movie was Femme Fatale. I only saw Passion just for Rachel McAdams :drool: but that was awful. My last stepdad walked out of Mission To Mars and demanded his money back when it came out truth be told.

Edited by invisible airwave

His last decent movie was Femme Fatale. I only saw Passion just for Rachel McAdams but that was awful. My last stepdad walked out of Mission To Mars and demanded his money back when it came out truth be told.

Mission to Mars was AWFUL

His last decent movie was Femme Fatale. I only saw Passion just for Rachel McAdams but that was awful. My last stepdad walked out of Mission To Mars and demanded his money back when it came out truth be told.

Mission to Mars was AWFUL

Never saw it but that sucks. That’s a waste of that cast.

There's channel for Bond movies on PlutoTV.

There's channel for Bond movies on PlutoTV.

I`ve got the 50th anniversary Bond bluray box set thing. Much to wife`s chagrin!
  • Like 1