Sir Thomas Sean Connery (1930-2020)

Principled Man

Oh, this really brings tears to the eyes. So many great roles! This year has taken so much; 2020 can bite my shiny metal ass!

Time to watch Diamonds Are Forever again.

Gets stick for being too "campy", but it`s a Top 5 Bond for me. Jill St John is a great Bond girl and it actually has a semblance of a plot. Loads of memorable set pieces, especially with Mr Wint and Mr Kidd.
  • Like 4

Oh, this really brings tears to the eyes. So many great roles! This year has taken so much; 2020 can bite my shiny metal ass!

Totally understood!

Once upon a time I sat through a double matinee of the aforementioned movie with my two brothers and two sisters. Those were the days! I can still envision the "Cheeky" J.S.J. and the amazing machine gun exit stage left scene!

• Like 1

My first memory of Sean Connery was as a kid collecting the James Bond bubble gum trading cards. If my memory serves me it was 1966 as the current movie was Thunderball.

I was only 8 at the time so I hadn't even seen a Bond movie!

That Christmas I got a James Bond 'briefcase' . It contained a toy pistol with various attachments, and cool spy stuff that every young boy needed!!

Simpler times.

• Like 4

Gets stick for being too "campy", but it`s a Top 5 Bond for me. Jill St John is a great Bond girl and it actually has a semblance of a plot. Loads of memorable set pieces, especially with Mr Wint and Mr Kidd.

What a gang. Plenty O'Toole, Mr. Winnt & Mr. Kidd, Bambi & Thumper, and the old sausage huckster Jimmy Dean as Willard Whyte.
  • Like 2

Wouldn't have wished death upon him but his hypocrisy about being a proud Scottish Nationalist always rankled with me seeing as he spent most of his time as a tax exile.
  • Like 1

Wouldn't have wished death upon him but his hypocrisy about being a proud Scottish Nationalist always rankled with me seeing as he spent most of his time as a tax exile.

I think he`d have preferred it if someone other than HMRC collected his tax? Maybe an independent Scotland.

I think he`d have preferred it if someone other than HMRC collected his tax? Maybe an independent Scotland.

Supranational governing bodies can be a real pain sometimes. The one we have right now is taking the pain to a whole new level..... :eh:

• Like 1

Supranational governing bodies can be a real pain sometimes. The one we have right now is taking the pain to a whole new level..... :eh:

Tell me more he says, eyes widening in anticipation of a Sunday afternoon taxation discussion :drool:
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm.....the Jurys out on that one I think,

Hmmmmmm.....the Jurys out on that one I think,

I`m not saying he would have been smiling proudly whilst doing so.

Tell me more he says, eyes widening in anticipation of a Sunday afternoon taxation discussion :drool:

With our national election just two days away, we get to fret over which local buffoons, state buffoons AND federal buffoons to elect.

THREE levels of suffering, we have!

• Like 1

With our national election just two days away, we get to fret over which local buffoons, state buffoons AND federal buffoons to elect.

2020 is bad enough. It BETTER NOT take El Duderino away from us regarding the recent news of his health. This aggression will not stand, man!

Saw this on Showtime On Demand a couple of years ago. Standard action movie but this is the best part of it. Gives new meaning to thumb wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dka54jH9po

• Like 2

Sounds like you just need to learn to love buffoons. It would make UK political life a dream if I could do that.
  • Like 1

Gives new meaning to thumb wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dka54jH9po

That's the same tough guy from Over The Top with Sly! He just doesn't learn..... :laughing guy:

• Like 2

He did say he'd move back here if we voted for independence, unsure if that would've happened and we'll never know now.

Sad that he ended his days in such a frail condition but what a life he had, a massive personality and screen icon. He could even pull this look off...

zardoz-2.jpg

(well maybe not quite)

• Like 2

He did say he'd move back here if we voted for independence, unsure if that would've happened and we'll never know now.

Sad that he ended his days in such a frail condition but what a life he had, a massive personality and screen icon. He could even pull this look off...

zardoz-2.jpg

(well maybe not quite)

Yeah, he errrr... should not pull that off :moon:
  • Like 1

My first memory of Sean Connery was as a kid collecting the James Bond bubble gum trading cards. If my memory serves me it was 1966 as the current movie was Thunderball.

I was only 8 at the time so I hadn't even seen a Bond movie!

That Christmas I got a James Bond 'briefcase' . It contained a toy pistol with various attachments, and cool spy stuff that every young boy needed!!

Simpler times.

Candy smokes and martini shaker included! :dweez:
  • Like 1