New David Bowie Biopic

chemistry1973

Why the hell does he look like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs?

Skip.

Hehehe ..... yes there is a weird resemblance!! This film is gonna get skinned alive! (...see what I did there?? lol ....)
  • Like 2

I don't get what it is folks aren't liking about it. I guess I'd prefer if it went past the Ziggy Stardust years but that's certainly an interesting enough story to take a whole movie to tell. I think it looks pretty good!
  • Like 1

I don't get what it is folks aren't liking about it. I guess I'd prefer if it went past the Ziggy Stardust years but that's certainly an interesting enough story to take a whole movie to tell. I think it looks pretty good!

It won't include any of Bowie's music, but it will include songs written by the guy who plays David Bowie. Sooooo...for me anyway, this is something I might give a shot if I can see it for free with nothing else on TV.

And - we already have Velvet Goldmine.

• Like 1

It won't include any of Bowie's music, but it will include songs written by the guy who plays David Bowie. Sooooo...for me anyway, this is something I might give a shot if I can see it for free with nothing else on TV.

Oh what? None of Bowie's music? Okay that changes everything, lol. You don't tell the tale of a rock legend without playing their songs.

• Like 2

Oh what? None of Bowie's music? Okay that changes everything, lol. You don't tell the tale of a rock legend without playing their songs.

At least if it had a Bowie soundtrack there would be be something to keep you interested. With no original stuff at all things do not bode well!
  • Like 1

I can't imagine it being as bad Velvet Goldmine. JFC, that movie was full of pretentious tropes of typical indie hipster movies it would make Wes Anderson blush.

Yeah true - but I think it was a good way to tell the Bowie/Pop/glitter story without getting permission from the respective estates. It was a creative approach. And it had a killer soundtrack and excellent cast.

It's 18 percent rotten with only 30 reviews and got an F from Consequence Of Sound.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/film-review-stardust/

"Let’s say charitably that Range and Bell really and truly love Bowie, and this was the only way they knew how to pay homage to him. Well, Todd Haynes had the same trouble (not having the rights to his music) and he made Velvet Goldmine, which, while imperfect, is at least a real movie. This? This is set in a car. Sets cost money and blue screen car windows don’t. "