So, when this pandemic is under control do you think...

... that there will be an immediate flood of touring artists? So many that they will have to battle for our hard earned money? I wonder if ticket prices will decrease to entice buyers within a flooded market? I also wonder, sadly, how many won't be able to continue their careers in music and have to find other means of support...

I think there will be a lot of bands trying to get back out there at once. Which is both good and bad. It's good that they can get out and tour again. The bad thing is that with the pandemic hitting a lot of people hard financially, there isn't going to be enough money to go around to see all these bands. Let's not forget about concert venues that have closed for good or will close as well. There are now going to be less places for the bands to play. I think we're about three or four years away from live entertainment getting back to resembling anything like it was before the virus.

Touring will come back but there's a huge mess to clean up first before it does.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 5

As for the ticket prices, I think they might end up being a bit lower than they have been in recent years. People will still be hesitant to go to large gatherings and lowering the prices might entice more of them to get out and see a show.

"You mean I can see AC/DC for only $20? Well, now I don't care if I get sick and die after that kind of deal"

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I think there will be a lot of bands trying to get back out there at once. Which is both good and bad. It's good that they can get out and tour again. The bad thing is that with the pandemic hitting a lot of people hard financially, there isn't going to be enough money to go around to see all these bands. Let's not forget about concert venues that have closed for good or will close as well. There are now going to be less places for the bands to play. I think we're about three or four years away from live entertainment getting back to resembling anything like it was before the virus.

Touring will come back but there's a huge mess to clean up first before it does.

Exactly why I posed the questions. We are on the same wavelength...

Lower ticket prices? Bwahaha, not a chance, m8's.

You're probably right. But if concert ticket sales are going to be as slow as I think they'll be coming out of the pandemic, it may force the promoters to lower the prices to get people to spend something.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

the pandemic isn't going away. this is the end of rock

You might have a bit of a point here. Look at some of the older rockstars out there now. What if it's three or four years before they can tour properly again. What if Rob Halford who will be like 73/74 at that point says "screw it, I haven't been on the road in five years and I don't think I have it in me anymore. Judas Priest is finished".

This pandemic will probably prevent fans from seeing some of the aging rock legends one last time. So yeah, rock may very well be dying.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the slowest moving apocalypse of all time.

I swear The Walking Dead looks like a fast paced laugh riot these days!

• Like 2

maxresdefault.jpg

Ever see a real zombie in your neighbourhood with a face like a pizza?

• Like 1

<p>

maxresdefault.jpg

4dfdoa.jpg

Edited by zepphead

maxresdefault.jpg

You mean “teenagers”?

• Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Slow ass zombies are all just sitting around thinking "come on covid, get your ass moving. We got this shit done in like a week"

maxresdefault.jpg

I have lived in the city most of my life so yes I have lol.

Seriously there are some strange looking people out there. Saw a dude sitting at the bus stop last week and it looked like he didn't have a face at all. It was dark out and he had the hood on his jacket up over his head. It was one of those hoods that is a little long when all the way up. As I walked by him and looked there was nothing but black inside the hood. No facial features at all.

That was freaky!

• Like 1

I follow a Rolling Stones site where a member seems to have a close connection to The Stones and their management.

He's hinting at 2022 as the earliest date that they would tour. Given their ages in two years, I don't know.

37315322556_1f6693eefc_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

maxresdefault.jpg

You mean “teenagers”?

:LOL:

I follow a Rolling Stones site where a member seems to have a close connection to The Stones and their management.

He's hinting at 2022 as the earliest date that they would tour. Given their ages in two years, I don't know.

Boing! :P

What did you say is your favourite Stones live album again? Give us your top 3!