RIP The Amazing Randi

IbanezJem

James Randi has died, aged 92. He was a great magician and escapologist, but more importantly a fearless debunker and skeptic of mysticism and nonsense and frauds - such as Uri Gellar. Fascinating guy and a loss to the rational members of the human race.
  • Like 7

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He will, and should be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., James.

I remember watching a 1980 That's Incredible episode that had Randi expose the fraud James Hydrick.

The con man claimed to be able to move objects with his mind, like the pages of a telephone book. Randi came on in a later episode, and placed styrofoam peanuts all around the phone book. Hydrick became instantly impotent! :laughing guy:

hydrick-whats-my-line2.jpg

• Like 3

While there are some paranormal things I believe in, it's always good to have some skepticism about the topic. A lot of odd occurrences can be explained away easily if you think logically about them.

Any occurrence can be explained with enough evidence and logical reasoning.

• Like 2

The best of Randi working his magic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5MtA33OHk

I could watch Randi debunking televangelists all night. And I just might :notworthy:

Why is it those faith "healers" never go to a hospital or cancer center and work their magic?

The earpiece frequency messes up the heart monitors :tsk:
  • Like 1