Borat

bathory

Being politically incorrect and/or gross is never funny. Uh huh. None of you guys who dislike Borat ever laugh at such things. Right right.

I understand not liking it but the self-righteousness is the real sad part.

If it was pure fiction, I just wouldn't like it. It's the unwilling involvement of real people I have a real problem with.

They actually give their consent.

Under clearly false pretenses.

• Like 1

The new Borat was actually a lot better than expected. It still doesn't capture the charm of the first one, but it has some great moments. Especially since he had to come up with a bit of it on the fly due to COVID.

The first one had charm? That film was garbage. Why call it a comedy when nothing in it was funny?

100% agreed. The fact that people actually enjoy his shameless, awkward attention whoring, and borderline illegal pathological deception is just sad.

Humor is subjective, the fact that you don't think it's funny isn't sad, but believing that what he does is nearly illegal, is. Probably because he's punking people/groups you support or identify with.

Fraud, sexual harassment, inherent exposure, impersonating emergency officials, constant defamation... Yeah just a stand up dude.

At a minimum he should be sued, a few times over.

He has been sued several times and all but 1 case was thrown out or not even heard. The one exception was because he used a song without permission. It's called comedy/satire and is protected by that pesky 1st Amendment. #hemademelookfoolishsoI'mgoingtocrytothecourts

Hasn't that douchebag lobbied Congress to force social media to censor their content? Yes, yes he has.

He's not really a fan of 1A himself.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Being politically incorrect and/or gross is never funny. Uh huh. None of you guys who dislike Borat ever laugh at such things. Right right.

:goodone:

I almost cried I laughed so hard at the first movie. When he and his producer were in the conference room, having a naked brawl. Feeding Bob Barr cheese made with his wife’s breast milk. The blue bag he brought down to the dinner party? :LMAO:

• Like 2

I almost cried I laughed so hard at the first movie. When he and his producer were in the conference room, having a naked brawl. Feeding Bob Barr cheese made with his wife’s breast milk. The blue bag he brought down to the dinner party? :LMAO:

Even some of the totally non-crude bits I found amusing. Example: the part when he went to get some tips on telling jokes.

“This suit is black pause NOT.” :LOL:

• Like 2

The new Borat was actually a lot better than expected. It still doesn't capture the charm of the first one, but it has some great moments. Especially since he had to come up with a bit of it on the fly due to COVID.

The first one had charm? That film was garbage. Why call it a comedy when nothing in it was funny?

A lot of people thought it was funny, myself included.

Tons of people laugh their asses off at Will Ferrell movies but I think those are some of the most unfunny movies of all time.

I'm a sucker for crude shock humor. I know it's juvenile but I guess that part of my brain never developed past the age of 16 :huh:

Will Ferrel is neither particularly crude and is not shocking in the least.

• Like 1

Tons of people laugh their asses off at Will Ferrell movies but I think those are some of the most unfunny movies of all time.

I'm a sucker for crude shock humor. I know it's juvenile but I guess that part of my brain never developed past the age of 16 :huh:

He's not particularly shocking, but most definitely crude.

One way or the other, to me he is most definitely not funny. And ultimately isn't that what he's trying (desperately) to be? Fail

I laugh at that stuff when it's done well. South Park is the perfect example of that. But Borat just wasn't funny to me.

• Like 1

Even some of the totally non-crude bits I found amusing. Example: the part when he went to get some tips on telling jokes.

“This suit is black pause NOT.” :LOL:

Or when they pulled into the park with the ice cream truck, and the kids ran up, and were greeted by the bear. :LOL:

One way or the other, to me he is most definitely not funny. And ultimately isn't that what he's trying (desperately) to be? Fail

Oh I agree....Ferrell is shite, regardless of his crudity or shock value.

I was disappointed. I thought the first one was hysterical at times. I also enjoyed his Who Is America? series from a couple summers ago. This one had some moments, but overall I thought it was a big drop off from the first one. Part of the reason was actually illustrated at the beginning

when he was in Galveston Texas and people were coming up to him and saying "I'm a Borat, High Five!"

The "Giuliani" footage with the girl everyone is talking about is pretty obviously not him. So all you're left with are some pretty pedestrian comments from Trump's lawyer and advisor.

If you have Amazon Prime its not a bad way to kill 95 minutes. I'm glad I didn't directly pay $20 to see it.

• Like 1

I was disappointed. I thought the first one was hysterical at times. I also enjoyed his Who Is America? series from a couple summers ago. This one had some moments, but overall I thought it was a big drop off from the first one. Part of the reason was actually illustrated at the beginning

when he was in Galveston Texas and people were coming up to him and saying "I'm a Borat, High Five!"

The "Giuliani" footage with the girl everyone is talking about is pretty obviously not him. So all you're left with are some pretty pedestrian comments from Trump's lawyer and advisor.

If you have Amazon Prime its not a bad way to kill 95 minutes. I'm glad I didn't directly pay $20 to see it.

I watched a little bit of it and didn't find very funny. More of the same. I stopped at...

the fertility dance. That was beyond crass, imo.

I watched a little bit of it and didn't find very funny. More of the same. I stopped at...

I had to get up and walk out for that, to be honest. It was beyond cringey.

• Like 1

Agreed

• Like 1

What is "cringey" is that there are people in this great (your word) country that act as and maybe employed as, debutante coaches. WTF?

• Like 1

What is "cringey" is that there are people in this great (your word) country that act as and maybe employed as, debutante coaches. WTF?

Hilarious that that still exists. Aristocracy, lol. Of course, we also have "life coaches", so...
  • Like 1

Hilarious that that still exists. Aristocracy, lol. Of course, we also have "life coaches", so...

I think life coach is a fancy term for therapist or maybe counselor. At least they're trying to help you with problems a person may have. A debutante coach is simply trying to help you be as elite and snobby as possible, imo. Rich people's problems.

I think life coach is a fancy term for therapist or maybe counselor. At least they're trying to help you with problems a person may have. A debutante coach is simply trying to help you be as elite and snobby as possible, imo. Rich people's problems.

A deb coach teaches young girls to trade in the currency of social elitism, which is a great skill if you are born into those circles.
  • Like 1

Man - it SUCKED. I lasted 10 minutes.

10 minutes is about right for Borat, since it's really sketch humor. Python pull off extending sketch-comedy into feature-length with their masterpieces Grail and Brian, but that really is exceptional. What others come to mind? Airplane...anything else?
  • Like 1

Amen!