Borat

bathory

Since this is, and has been about the movie "Borat", I haven't liked it. I don't want to see "Borat 2". Edited by Derek19

The new Borat was actually a lot better than expected. It still doesn't capture the charm of the first one, but it has some great moments. Especially since he had to come up with a bit of it on the fly due to COVID.

The first one had charm? That film was garbage. Why call it a comedy when nothing in it was funny?

• Like 1

The new Borat was actually a lot better than expected. It still doesn't capture the charm of the first one, but it has some great moments. Especially since he had to come up with a bit of it on the fly due to COVID.

The first one had charm? That film was garbage. Why call it a comedy when nothing in it was funny?

A lot of people thought it was funny, myself included.

Tons of people laugh their asses off at Will Ferrell movies but I think those are some of the most unfunny movies of all time.

• Like 4

Charm may not be a good way to describe it. I'd say it's more entertaining since the plot seemed to be built around his interactions with others while the new movie is the other way around.

Tons of people laugh their asses off at Will Ferrell movies but I think those are some of the most unfunny movies of all time.

I'm a sucker for crude shock humor. I know it's juvenile but I guess that part of my brain never developed past the age of 16 :huh:

Skit-based humor almost always fails in a two-hour format. I loved the Ali G Show, but, while the first film had it's funny moments, overall I thought it was pretty dull.

Anchorman is the only Will Ferrell movie I laugh at. Everything else he's done is just there for me.

100% agreed. The fact that people actually enjoy his shameless, awkward attention whoring, and borderline illegal pathological deception is just sad.

• Like 1

Sandler is worse although Will's last theatrical movie I flat out loved was Step Brothers.

"It's the fing Catalina wine mixer!"

100% agreed. The fact that people actually enjoy his shameless, awkward attention whoring, and borderline illegal pathological deception is just sad.

Humor is subjective, the fact that you don't think it's funny isn't sad, but believing that what he does is nearly illegal, is. Probably because he's punking people/groups you support or identify with.

• Like 2

Well I do enjoy the President's ramblings from time to time too.

• Like 1

Humor is subjective, the fact that you don't think it's funny isn't sad, but believing that what he does is nearly illegal, is. Probably because he's punking people/groups you support or identify with.

Fraud, sexual harassment, inherent exposure, impersonating emergency officials, constant defamation... Yeah just a stand up dude.

At a minimum he should be sued, a few times over.

• Like 1

...at least Trump is funny.

He is indeed a joke.

• Like 2

He is indeed a joke.

Come on, man! When Biden wins his run for Senate, one thing will be self-evident: All men and women created by....willl...you know...the thing!
  • Like 2

Being politically incorrect and/or gross is never funny. Uh huh. None of you guys who dislike Borat ever laugh at such things. Right right.

I understand not liking it but the self-righteousness is the real sad part.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 6

He is indeed a joke.

Come on, man! When Biden wins his run for Senate, one thing will be self-evident: All men and women created by....willl...you know...the thing!

Yeah, George is going down in...uh...whenever the thing is...uh, about eight days from now...eight days is a week, right...what's that, seven? You're tellin me the Beatles were full of malarkey? OK, Harrison, you dog faced pony soldier. You and me...first to twenty pushups wins.

And i'll tell ya another thing, if any of ya young whippersnappers think that I'm gonna lose to George W.H. Bush, I'll take ya out behind the barn an give ya the lickin of your life.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Being politically incorrect and/or gross is never funny. Uh huh. None of you guys who dislike Borat ever laugh at such things. Right right.

If it was pure fiction, I just wouldn't like it. It's the unwilling involvement of real people I have a real problem with.

Fraud, sexual harassment, inherent exposure, impersonating emergency officials, constant defamation... Yeah just a stand up dude.

At a minimum he should be sued, a few times over.

He has been sued several times and all but 1 case was thrown out or not even heard. The one exception was because he used a song without permission. It's called comedy/satire and is protected by that pesky 1st Amendment. #hemademelookfoolishsoI'mgoingtocrytothecourts

• Like 1

If it was pure fiction, I just wouldn't like it. It's the unwilling involvement of real people I have a real problem with.

They actually give their consent.