Working for The Beatles or The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Police

treeduck

The POLL  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these situations/jobs would you choose?

• The Beatles' "Tea Boy" - You are the exclusive tea boy for the Beatles, the job lasts from 1962 to 1970 come what may. You're with the band whaever they go, studio, gigs, TV shows, hotels, everything
    • The Rolling Stones' "Laundry Boy" - You exclusively do the band's laundry, the job lasts from 1964 to 1990
    • The Who's roadie - self explanatory, the job lasts from 1965 to 1980
    • The Kink's tambourine player, 1965 to 1980
    • Sting's personal bag carrier during the Police years
    • Pink Floyd's "punchbag" you have to get beaten up every time a member of the band goes apeshit, you're a professional fall guy. The job is from 1967 to 1997
    • Black Sabbath's "drug pony" Another fall guy gig, you follow the band around the globe and you hold the drugs. If you get caught with them the band don't know you and you deal with any criminal charges on your own
    • KISS's make-up clean-up boy. Your job is to clean each band member after each gig. The job lasts from 1974 to 2014
    • Yes' fake backing vocalist the job lasts from 1968 to 1970
    • Elton John's "friend" on tour, the job lasts from 1967 to 1987
    • Jimi Hendrix's "smashed guitar glue boy" you spend your time trying to repair Jimi's smashed guitars. This one lasts from 1967 to 1970

This is a special oddball question poll, a kind of "imagine if" poll. Going back in time etc...

All these situations are cast iron guaranteed, ie you can't get fired. You're a member of the team, the inner circle. Which position would you choose.

:LOL:

The Beatles. It’s just tea and it’s The Beatles! I’d take notes and photos. Later, I’d write several books and make millions.

Way better than being a drug mule or washing Keith Richards’ stank jockstraps. The Sting one would probably piss me off after an hour. The parenthesized “friend” with the Elton option is a little...scary.

• Like 7

I’d play tambourine with any of these bands for the chance to be on tour and maybe even in the studio with them, so The Kinks it is. They also seem less bay crazy than a lot of the other bands, seems less likely I’ll get caught in the middle of some absurd rock n roll pitfall that brings everyone down and leaves people hurt.
  • Like 2

The Beatles. It’s just tea and it’s The Beatles! I’d take notes and photos. Later, I’d write several books and make millions.

Way better than being a drug mule or washing Keith Richards’ stank jockstraps. The Sting one would probably piss me off after an hour. The parenthesized “friend” with the Elton option is a little...scary.

:LOL: :smoke: :joker:

• Like 1

Beatles job - nice and easy and right in the middle of the swinging sixties!

Stones, Who, Sabbath, Kiss and Hendrix - too much like hard work

Kinks & Yes - Boring

Sting - I wouldn't lift a finger for that t**t

Floyd - Too painful

Elton - A pain in the ass

• Like 3

Floyd - Too painful

Sting...exactly. I don't care how talented he is, I'm guessing I wouldn't get along with him.

Floyd's my #2 band but if Roger Waters punches me once, I'm returning the favor! "You got to strike when the moment is right without thinking!"

I considered The Who option but yeah, that sounds like hard work which I'm slightly allergic to.

• Like 1

Floyd - Too painful

Sting...exactly. I don't care how talented he is, I'm guessing I wouldn't get along with him.

Floyd's my #2 band but if Roger Waters punches me once, I'm returning the favor! "You got to strike when the moment is right without thinking!"

I considered The Who option but yeah, that sounds like hard work which I'm slightly allergic to.

Yeah .... touring with the Who was my second choice ..... but carrying all those amps/speakers ....... no thanks!!

I’d play tambourine with any of these bands for the chance to be on tour and maybe even in the studio with them, so The Kinks it is. They also seem less bay crazy than a lot of the other bands, seems less likely I’ll get caught in the middle of some absurd rock n roll pitfall that brings everyone down and leaves people hurt.

You need to brush up on your Kinks' history!

• Like 2

You've pretty much covered it for me. No further comment necessary at this time. :)

• Like 2

Gotta be The Beatles, no? Do I have to bring tea to Yoko, too, though? 'Cuz that might be a deal breaker.

Perhaps you could 'lace' it with something?
  • Like 1

treeduck this is the most intriguing and interesting poll you've come up with from posting 95,000 plus times on here.

Yeah ..... it's been a lot of fun!